TWO | δύο

TWO | δύο

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

WHY ARE YOU just standing there?" Ares frowned at me as the creature approached. Realising that I was glued to the spot, I started to jog lightly, running backwards still facing the monster.

"What about you?" I yelled back. "I... err... I can't leave you here with this thing." I countered, even though there was not much else that I could do.

"I'll be fine, just start running. Don't look back." He answered, the beast growled in response and I put all the shock behind me as I turned around and started to really pick up the pace and run away.

I was never the fastest in school, and I never did track. I used to ditch P.E, so I was probably the slowest runner in Seaside Creek. However, that didn't stop me from racing across the street as if my life depended on it.

Because it did.

I couldn't stop the worry nipping at my subconscious as an itch began at my legs.

Would Ares be okay?

Was I a bad person for leaving him to deal with that thing alone?

"Hades! Why don't you come up to the surface and fight me instead of sending your guard dog?" Ares' voice echoed throughout the entire street, curiosity got the better of me.

I whirled around and almost fell back at what I saw. Crawling behind a nearby car, I proceeded to peak out from the rear.

Ares was hovering above Cerberus in a super-human nature as he delivered jab after jab towards it. The dog whimpered, yet completely ignored Ares' attacks. It looked as though it was scanning the area for for something until it's six eyes zeroed in on a target. Me.

"My patience is wearing thin, uncle! Reveal yourself!" Ares yelled angrily as the beast received yet another jab. It whimpered, pained, but its eyes were still trained on me.

It started to move towards me again. Despite its giant size, the monster was considerably fast. "Ares... I'd hate to burst your bubble. But I don't think it's after you." I yelled helplessly from the corner I had crawled into.

Ares' now red irises lit up with understanding as his eyes switched between the animal and I.

He groaned, descending downward and pummeled Cerberus. The dog was beaten, battered and bruise yet it still raced towards me. Ares acted quickly, pulling it back by its tail. "I thought I told you to run. Not hide." His voice was deadly low as his eyes darkened. The monster made no effort to fight Ares back, ignoring him completely and making its way back to me just as soon as Ares had pulled it away.

"Wait! Just stay there." He screamed apprehensively. My eyebrows furrowed confusedly. "Should I stay, or should I go?" I shrieked in response as the monster drew nearer to me. "Just stay there!" He yelled, speeding past the monster. His body was still hovering above the air, reaching me just before the monster itself.

He wasn't fast enough though, because the black monster was already towering over me. I was stood afore it, trying to process all of this information. I exhaled deeply before running as fast as I could, but that wasn't fast enough because the beast nipped my wrist, sinking its vicious teeth into it as I yelped out in pain, but not before I pulled my hand out of its grasp and raced off away from it.