36 | τριάντα έξι

36 | τριάντα έξι

a/n : we're nearing the end. thank you to everybody who made it this far into this shitty book.

please tell me what you think of this book, and give me feedback, I'd appreciate it so much.

enjoy xx.

▃▃▃▃⚡︎▃▃▃▃

WHEN WE ARRIVED on Mount Olympus, it was far from what I expected.

Quite unlike before, there was chaos reigning, loud screams and heavy blasts of light. The gates were wide open, and I could hear swords clanging against each other, spells blasted.

The clouds that were once pearly white were a dark, stormy grey colour and there was lightning all throughout the skies.

"Is it too late to go back?" Milo shivered and I scowled.

"I'm asking myself the same thing, amigo." I shivered, my hairs had raised on end.

There was no room for fear. We had a plan, and I knew exactly what to do.

Before I could say anything, though, a figure appeared before us quickly as a snap. Gayle pulled out her pocketknife, and Milo ran behind her.

"Who said chivalry was dead?" Eris grinned, crossing her arms over her chest as her gaze lingered on a cowering Milo.

I smiled, unable to control myself. "Eris!" I said, engulfing her in a long overdue hug. I had half expected her to push me away and was pleasantly surprised when I felt her arms wrap around me.

After our moment was finished, my mind was boggled. There were so many questions I had for her, such little time to ask her.

"What happened?" That was the question I settled on and she shrugged.

"I've been in a supernatural dungeon cage for the last few weeks, so I'm not really polished on the details. All I know is Ares showed up with his army, and the lightning bolt. His plan was to use it against Zeus but his plan failed. Dismally." She was shaking her head now.

"There's an all out war back there, now. I don't know if Apollo and Ares did everything the fates told them to, and I would ask you but I can see you dipped on them." She arched a brow at me judgmentally.

My mouth flew open with words to defend myself but she put her hand in my face, effectively silencing me.

"The only reason I escaped is because all of the chaos in there gave me power. My apple and I sort of, added some more chaos, so going in there would be a death wish." She explained and I nodded.

Well, look's like I've got a death wish.

Her eyes landed back on my friends, hovering over Milo for a second before finally settling on Gayle, where they widened.

Gayle looked just as confused as I was at Eris' reaction. "Eris... these are my friends. Gayle and Milo." I explained and I heard Milo murmur something about Gayle's name always going first, and I kicked him in the shin.