28 | είκοσι οχτώ

28 | είκοσι οχτώ

back and better than ever

▃▃▃▃✵▃▃▃▃

CALISTA WAS A very chatty Kathy, and she was certainly much nicer than Isidora had been. She was a Shakespearean woman, but you could tell that she was trying very hard to modernize her english.

"Are you sure you're going to let me do this, madame?" She asked, quirking her brow up and I was hesitant, but nodded. She smiled, deeply satisfied by my reaction.

"You're going to look beautiful! I promise." She squealed, cutting my hair so that it was shoulder length. I squirmed as I watched the light brown locks fall to the ground. I had really agreed to doing this.

Calista explained to me how important the Heroes Ball was and that it was only open to a select few. Only the most elite came to the ball. She went on about how they have only one per century, and how lucky I was that I came when I did.

We spent another hour getting ready, and I could see the sun setting from outside, stars coming out from hiding behind the sky and coating it like a canvas.

Calista used light makeup on my face, not going overboard with the dark red lipstick. She gelled my hair back and put a nice little golden headpiece ontop of my head.

She then snapped her fingers, and I almost fell back at the sight of the beautiful smooth golden dress that appeared before me. She smirked, like she'd been waiting to do this for a long time.

"You're going to have to help me into that one, Calista." I groaned as she giggled a little bit.

It was a mermaid dress, pooling at the bottom. The neckline, which wasn't much as it was strapless was made up of many golden feathers, though it wasn't really feathery because it seemed like the feathers had been dipped in golden and left that way. It wasn't heavy at all though, and I found my fingers running all along the smooth material.

My hair was smooth and straight back, and it looked so much lighter as I looked into the mirror. I gave Calista the side-eye because I was pretty sure she did something to my hair.

I couldn't believe that it was actually me, looking into the mirror. I don't want to sound narcissistic, but I kind of looked like a goddess. A goddess fitting to be Ares' fated love.

I felt my eyes water as Calista cleared her throat. "Please! Please do not cry, your makeup will run!" She squealed, using her hands to blow wind into my face.

I chuckled. "I'm fine, I'm fine."

"You are going to... what was it again? Ah, yes... steal the show!" She said, all giddy as she dusted off imaginary dustballs from my dress.

There were knocks on the door and both of us froze. "He... he's here." You'd swear that she was the one going to the ball because Calista's excitement levels were crazy.

She tripped over herself, falling over and breaking a leg. I gasped, stepping towards her but it didn't seem to affect her, she got up and put her leg in place before strolling over to the door.

I just stared at her, mouth slightly agape at what I had just witnessed.

I guess... she was dead?