Scene 10: Can't Sleep Love

Dan sat in his room, frustrated on what to say for his speech in GSA. Everything he wrote down sounded so fake and like it wasn't him speaking. It was like the way he writes in English to get a good grade. He let out a frustrated sigh and fell back on his bed, rubbing his eyes. 

"What's wrong with you?" Joey laughs, walking in after knocking on Dan's door. 

"Nothing, just tired," Dan says, his arms being thrown behind him. 

"Right. Anyways, your boyfriend's here for you," his brother says before walking out. 

"He isn't my boyfriend!" Dan calls, sitting up. 

"Sure Jan!" Joey laughs, walking into his own room. 

Dan groans and gets up, walking into the living room and seeing Phil sitting on the couch. He smiles at his friend and does one of those bro hand shakes. The two head up to Dan's room and sit down on the bed. 

"God, your bed is the best," Phil moans, Dan blushing as the other throws himself back onto the bed.

"So what do you have for your speech?" Phil asks, placing his arms behind his head.

"Uh, nothing really. It doesn't sound right. I want it to come from the heart, you know?" Dan asks, Phil nodding.

"What have you written? Or what do you like that you've written," Phil chuckles.

"'Hello. My name is Dan, but most of you should know that.' God I sound self centered and it's barely two sentences!" Dan exclaims, rubbing his face.

Phil smiles and laughs, making Dan feel slightly better. Nobody has ever made feel to much better just by laughing. It's wild for him.

"I think you'll come up with it soon. I know you will," Phil reassures.

Phil makes himself comfy again and Dan chuckles, jumping on his friend. The air was knocked out of Phil from Dan's weight and he laughed, shaking Dan's whole body. 

"Daniel you better stop!" Phil says, taking a deep breath

Dan looked down into Phil's eyes. he admired the way they shinned, how when the light hit them from his open window, they appeared to be brighter. It reminded him of the ocean meeting the sand. How the beautiful shades of blue blended in with the slightest bit of yellow. Or they way a blue raspberry-lemon snow cone melts together. Regardless of what it looked like, Dan absolutely loved it. 

"Well shit, I've never thought that before," Dan thinks.

Being on top of Phil made Dan feel things. He felt comfortable and happy, and almost like he wanted to lean down and press his lips to Phil's. 

"Wait what?"

His lips looked so damn kissable. They were a pretty pink, separated as Phil tried to breathe with the weight of Dan on him. His breaths were slow and he hoped for what he thought was going to come.

Phil didn't bother pushing Dan off of him. He had dreamed of this, but never thought it would happen. Now here Dan is, on top of him.

"Damn that sounded creepy... Kiss him. Do it! What's stopping you?" Phil thought.

Dan started breathing slower. He leaned forward. He doesn't know why, but he's doing it.

"Oh god, I'm doing it. There's no going back now." Dan thought, his heart racing.

"It's happening. Thank you Lord," Phil thought, his hands getting clammy and butterflies filling his stomach.

Just as Dan went to press their lips together, Joey walked in.

"Hey Dan, do you have m- oh God my eyes!" He exclaimed, covering his face.

Dan fell off the bed, his weight now moving to the floor. Phil could breathe now, which was a relief. He was still missing a kiss.

"I knew it was too good to be true."

"P-Phil. I'm sorry, this wasn't, it wasn't supposed to happen," Dan explained, standing up quickly.

Phil shook his head and stood up. His heart hurt a bit.

"Wasn't supposed to happen. Okay Dan," Phil mutters.

"What's your damage? It's not like it was going to actually happen," Dan chuckles lightly.

"Really Dan? God, you're ridiculous." Phil exasperates, looking anywhere but at the brunette. 

"It's not like anything was going to happen." Dan says, moving his arms a bit.

"Sure Dan, keep telling yourself that," Phil says, walking out of the room.

He went down the stairs quickly. He felt his eyes sting slightly, rubbing them. He got to the front door when Dan grabbed his wrist.

"Phil, it was just an almost kiss. It didn't even happen, I don't see the big deal," Dan says.

Phil shook his head, taking his arm from Dan. So many emotions were running through him. He was sad and frustrated. Mad and disappointed. He should have known it wouldn't happen. He couldn't think of anything right to say.

"You know, Dan, it was a big deal. In fact, it's a big fucking deal." Phil said, opening the door.

He walked away. Everything happened so fast. It's like one minute everything was okay between the two and the next, well the next it all went to shit.

Phil felt like shit.

He wanted to know if Dan was really going to kiss him, or if it was a "spur of the moment."

All he knows now is that he's hurt.