20

I walked out of the warm bathroom rubbing a towel through my shoulder length hair, pretty grossed out by it. It still felt gross all greasy and gritty. I think I'd need at least two or four more showers to get it clean again. Grimacing I stared around the living room seeing Chance on the couch, she didn't looked like she had showered, I had no idea how since I'd been in there for way too long, but her clothes clearly clean and not hers. They were faded pink sweatpants and an oversized grey t-shirt, she glanced up at me and rolled her eyes.

"You take longer in the bathroom than I do," she remarked and Alexa walked in at that point as I heard her laugh. I turned around to confirm that it was indeed Alexa and she had sandwiches stacked on a plate.

"It takes time to look this pretty," I joked walking over to Alexa and grabbing a sandwich, noticing the bread was toasted. "Is it peanut butter?"  I asked even as I took a bite, the toast cracking apart and filling my mouth with the tangy of may, the salty crunch of bacon, the sweetness of tomato, and the green of lettuce.I moaned as the sandwich danced across my taste buds and settled down into my stomach. I didn't know much about gods or what they ate, but as of now I had no doubt in my mind that bacon was the food of the gods. I moaned again as I took another bite and had a food-gasm. "Alexa you are a great cook." Though because my mouth was full it sounded more like, "Xa, your a grr 'ook"

Either way she smiled at me and I figured my meaning came across just fine because she smiled at me. "Xander it is not polite to talk with your mouth full," scolded a voice I dimly remembered, I turned my head crumbs sliding down my face and saw a black woman with big brown eyes and really springy curls the same color as her eyes. She was wagging one of her long fingers at me, but her pink lips were smiling like I was funny. She just radiated warmth and I watched as her eyes flashed to gold and I felt warm, soft things cover my body. I looked down and I saw I was now dressed in a brand new pair of dark blue jeans, blue t-shirt and green sweatshirt that was really fluffy on the inside.

"Hey thanks," I said after I swallowed the bit of BLT in my mouth, and I saw the goddess smile at me.

"Think nothing of it," she said as she crossed the living room and saw down in the squashy green easy chair. "Please sit down, we've got quite a bit to talk about."

"Yes ma'am," I sad scooting by Chance who was crossing her arms and I felt Alexa plop down beside me. "Shoot, what's going on?"

"We know where the Fates are," Chance interrupted as Hestia opened her mouth. "And we have a window of opportunity to go and meet them; tonight."

"Don't interrupt people it's rude!" I scolded taking another bite of my sandwich and wishing I had some soda or a glass of milk.

"She wasn't talking," Alexa corrected me, "but Xander's right. Go on," she said glancing at the goddess who had a patient smile on her face still.

"It's okay," Hestia said kindly, "Chance got to the point faster than I would have. "But that is what I was going to say and we have a plan to get her inside the Luxor."

"You mean Chance right?" I asked pointing to her just to make sure I was assuming correctly; the goddess nodded at me. "Okay great! What are we doing?"

"She's going to impersonate a goddess," Alexa said and I saw Chance hunker farther down in the couch and grumble. Clearly she was not keen on the idea of pretending to be a goddess, I did not blame her in the slightest most of them were bitches. I bit into my BLT again and swallowed as my eyes darted between Chance and Hestia.

"Okay which one? And what am I going to do?" I asked staring down at the half of a sandwich in my hand and I contemplated grabbing another one.

"She's going to pretend to be Aphrodite," Hesita replied and I heard Chance groan. "She changes her looks every three days, she was Middle Eastern girl  last time I saw her.  if she shows up as a  redhead to Zeus and Hera's anniversary party no one is going to blink."