24

I stuffed the poor naked guy into an empty cupboard and slammed his helmet on my head and hurried into the main kitchen where I saw tons of guys wearing the same stupid costume I was hustling back and forth carrying plates full of everything from  things that were as simple as shrimp to what looked like really fancy French stuff. I had no idea what everything else was but I didn't have anytime to wonder as someone shoved a silver pitcher of what smelled like wine into my hands shouting, "Hurry up! Dionysus will be wanting his drinks and I don't want him to be unhappy!" snapped the young man with a Bluetooth as he shoved me past the other saps in the stupid costume and out a sliding glass door to a massive pool.

Light danced across the water in multiple colors, loud music was blasting from a stero system I couldn't see but I could see a handful of people in it as well as out; males and females alike chatting and laughing some holding really fancy crystal glasses filled with red or white wine. Look for Chance, I thought to myself scanning the crowd for a bright green dress and orange hair. I scanned the surroundings and saw quite a bit of colors but nothing orange or green. I walked around the pool, eyes darting everywhere, kind of stopping on the giant pyramid behind the pool and at the lights every now and again because they were cool.

Still didn't see Chance anywhere and I was starting to get nervous, Hesita wouldn't have brought me here if she wasn't ready for me to come. Something had to be wrong, there was the only explanation. Something was up, well maybe she thought the bull-man wasn't down and wanted to get me and Alexa out of there before anything bad could happen to us. That made sense to the rational part of my mind, but the irrational, panicky side of me went a hundred miles an hour as I thought of a billion different things that went wrong. Some guy tried to get with "Aphrodite" and she flippped out. Chance was recongized and they feed her to the three headed dog in Hercules! She's bait for me to come and try (and then fail) to save her and we both die! The real Aphrodite showed up and-!

"Hey you!" shouted a female voice I knew all too well as a pair of soft gloves wrapped around my upper arm. I spun my head around like a globe in a classroom and saw the mane of orange hair that looked nice than I'd ever seen it.

"Y-yes?' I stammered like I was scared of being addressed directly by a goddess.

"Fill everyone up here?" she asked raising a glass that didn't look half empty to me, and I really wasn't sure drinking was a very good idea at all. We were surrounded by the enemy here, she needed every bit of brain power she had. For both of us really, I wasn't super good at making plans that were full-proof. Usually they worked halfway then backfired horribly in someway or another. Like my rescue plan for Chance, I'd saved her and almost had my soul eaten. Or when I dealt with the half bull thing I should have bit the dust when he dropped me. I needed Chance to have her head on her shoulders, but given that she wasn't Chance right now and I couldn't tell a "goddess" what she could and couldn't do without getting blasted to a pile of ashes.

So I made my rounds and starting filling everyone's glasses, smiling and nodding like a super polite servant boy who was hoping to get a nice tip. I filled Chance's last hoping to catch her eye and said, "Before I go does anyone else need anything?"

"Some company would be great," Chance said in a very un-Chance voice and she grabbed my arm again yanking me down onto the seat beside her and I felt my face flash red as I fell over into her lap wine pitcher crashing to the ground and spilling everywhere. "Why doesn't the sweet boy stay and chat with me a bit?"

"O-okay sorry." I stammered feeling incredibly exposed as the gods around us laughed.

"Don't worry about the mess," Hestia said and I glanced up at her glad to see something that made any sense. She waved her hand once and everything, the dented metal, the puddle of red was gone; vanished away into somewhere.