Chapter 8 Realizations

JPOV

The last two weeks have been unbearable, completely intolerable. I miss her so much even though I see her every day. It's for the best that I distance myself. She's a fragile human, and I'm a vicious vampire. Yet, it hurts to not be able to talk to her or see her smile or hear her laugh. It was completely irresponsible and selfish to get so attached to her, even if it did happen all within a matter of forty-eight hours. I could feel her anger towards me whenever we were in the same room. It hardly compared to my own guilt and pain that swelled within me. I had to remind myself over and over that it was for her own good. But it didn't seem it make it any easier to bear.

I could smell her intoxicating scent as soon as she walked in. I watched her take off her jacket revealing her incredibly sexy outfit that only made me lust for her more. But as soon as she walked over, I forced myself to drop my eyes to my open biology book. I could feel her look at me, and worry radiated off of her. I knew I didn't look good. My pain was probably written all over my face, not to mention the fact my bloodlust was going crazy because I missed my last hunt. I didn't want her to have to worry about me, but I didn't say anything. She looked away, and I glanced over at her. She looked stunning as always. Perfect in every physical way.

The class was over after a long lecture about genetics. When the bell rang, she stood up quickly, as always. I stood up slower than I ever do and began gathering my things. By the time I got my biology book back in my bag, she was already on the way out the door. I followed slowly to the gym then continued to the locker room. I was dressed and back in the room before her. I probably wouldn't have noticed much of anything beyond my thoughts if it wasn't for that amazing smell hitting me at full force. I sighed as Coach Clapp called for our attention and set up playing four on four volleyball games. My court was right beside Bella's, and I found myself watching her every now and then. Coach Clapp walked out after a few moments to deal with other business. I hardly noticed Mike and Eric running across the gym to the bleachers. I didn't turn to look at them until they cheered in unison, "One! Two! Three!" Everyone turned to look confused by the loud chants.

Two white balls flew in the complete opposite directions that they intended them to go. Mike fell off balance, stumbled back, and fell off the bleachers. The smell of blood hit me, and everything around me seemed to fade away into the background. All I could feel with the burning in my throat and my need for his blood. I growled and fought forward for it, but I couldn't move. I thrashed around trying to fight the pale arms that were locked around my waist. I felt myself being pulled backwards despite my effort to claw the arms away from around me. I couldn't even hear what whichever of my family members it was, was saying. I didn't care. I needed blood! I fought and struggled the whole way. I felt myself and the person pulling me stumble a little bit as we neared the door. But that didn't even loosen their grip from around me. They just pulled me harder. The fresh air of outside didn't soothe me in the least. My throat burned as if I deliberately swallowed a lit match. The person didn't let me go the entire time as they pulled me deeper and deeper into the woods. The air was beginning to clear, but my throat still burned. After a few miles, I felt myself being pushed onto the ground and a weight on my stomach. I thrashed. The weight couldn't be more than a hundred pounds, but I couldn't break free of it.

I heard someone tell me to breath, but it wasn't the voice I anticipated. This wasn't the voice of Alice or Rosalie or either of my brothers. I refused to listen and continued to fight.

"Breathe!" I looked at the person who stared down at me. I must be hallucinating because Bella was staring down at me. Bella, a human, would have no chance against me especially in my current state of thirst. I didn't relax or breathe as Bella, or whoever I was imagine as Bella, told me to do.