Prologue

***This book has been copyrighted. Any copies of "The Void" found on any other website does not belong to me and is fraud. I only have it posted to Wattpad.***

Another day, another rain drop slowly and peacefully rolling down the window.

All I had ever wanted, was everything I finally had. I was the first born son, the alpha-to-be, and loved by all in my pack. There seemed to be a never ending onslaught of she-wolves throwing themselves at my feet. I was handsome, there was no doubt about that. Not even from me. I knew from a young age without a second thought, that I was gorgeous. Bronze, tanned skin, deep blue eyes, long, curly, dirty blonde hair that I all too frequently wore in a man bun, and muscles on top of muscles. I spent almost every waking moment in the gym, perfecting my body and making sure I stayed in tip top shape to be the Alpha of the Night Fall Pack when I turned twenty-one.

When I wasn't in the gym, I was out. "Taking on the town," as my father called it. My father, Cornelius, was a great Alpha. He took over the pack at 16 years old when his father was killed in war between packs. His father had trained him basically since the day he was born to take over the pack one day, and that's exactly what he did. He took over the pack a mere four days after his first shift. Needless to say, it was a hard transition but he did well. And just like my grandfather, Grayson, he started showing me the ropes at a young age.

But there is one thing, my father insists that my antics and womanizing ways need to come to an end. When a werewolf turns 18, they can find their mate. As long as their mate is of age, they will recognize each other at first sight. My father has told me stories about how incredible it was when he met my mom, Genevieve. Apparently, he had gone to a club with his friends for his twenty-fifth birthday and as soon as he pulled up, his wolf was on edge. Then when he walked in, the smell of strawberries wafted to him and that was it, he was sent into a frenzy. After walking around the club for an hour, wolf giving him hell about finding their mate, he finally found her and the world stopped, and the rest was history.

Nauseating, right? I personally think mates are bullshit. I'm having a wonderful time having whoever I want in my bed, whenever I want. I will be a fine alpha on my own, I do not need some overly hormonal she-wolf on my ass or growling in the face of every other female that looks my way.

I hope I never find her.