XXI - Girls Day

Brittany and I had spent the first half of the day being groomed. She got her hair done with me and talked me into putting the blonde highlights back in my hair. Then we went and got our nails done, full mani-pedis, that she treated me to. She said it was "her way of apologizing, and she treats to me for whatever her insane brother had planned for me tonight."

Now we were sat on the patio at Twisted having lunch, laughing over everything. Conversation between us flowed well, and I was surprised to find that hanging out with her almost felt like when I used to have days like this with Elena. Our girls days were always a full day's event, and we always had so much fun doing it.

"Alright so let's talk about what you're going to wear tonight, Dee. There is a super cute boutique a few stores down that has the most gorgeous dresses that don't cost an arm and a leg. I love shopping there because I can wear all the things that I admire my favorite celebrities wearing, without the price tag."

"Okay, sure! What's it called?"

"Paisley Boutique. It has always been my favorite. And the store right next door to it has the most beautiful shoes, and you can almost always find something that matches your outfits perfectly."

"Sounds perfect, Britt. Thank you!"

We sat and continued to talk, she talked about her childhood, how she and Rafael were best friends growing up. She talked about her parents and how they died, and basically just told me her whole life story.

Now I had a better understanding of her, though. I understood why she did the things she did, and why she wanted male attention so bad. When her and Rafael's parents died, Rafael apparently closed himself off from everyone and stayed locked in his room, leaving Brittany with no one, she did the only thing that seemed to make her feel better.

I felt sorry for her, but I would also never let her feel alone again.

The rest of lunch passed by fast, and soon we were in Paisley, looking at their evening dresses.

There was everything from sundresses, to evening dresses, to evening and ball gowns. They truly had everything a girl could ever need here.

"Good afternoon, ladies, what can I help you with?"

I recognized the woman as one of the elder members of the pack, Elder Caroline.

"Oh, Deirdra, how lovely to see you, dear. You too, Britt. What can I help you two lovelies with?"

"Well, my brother is taking her on an epic date tonight. Neither of us knows any details, but he told her to 'dress her fanciest,' so what do you have for that?"

She was more than excited, and something was telling me that she never really had a girlfriend she had done these things with before.

"I wouldn't go so far as an evening gown, but definitely one of our evening dresses. I have quite a few that I think will compliment your skin tone perfectly. Head over there to the first dressing room and I'll bring you a few of them. I assume you wear about a size 4, maybe a 3?"

"Usually a four, yes ma'am."

"Okay dear, I'll be there in a few minutes."

I had been in the changing room for about five minutes, just standing there awkwardly in my underwear waiting for her to come back with the dresses.

"Deirdra? I have dresses for you. If you'll just open the door a crack, I can hand them through to you."

I did as she said and the colors ranged from solid black to bright red.

I tried all of them on, Brittany and Caroline telling me how beautiful I looked in each one, but nothing really felt like the dress.

"Hold on, dear. I have something in the back I think you will love. I believe I have it in your size as well, give me one second."