XIV - This Can't be Happening

Two mates?

Before I had even learned to walk as a wolf?

Whoever this Moon Goddess chick is, let's just say, her and I were going to be having a long talk one day.

"Our mates are gorgeous, don't you think?"

My wolf was purring at the sight of the two men in front of me, and I had to admit, they were 1,000 times more attractive through the eyes of my wolf. But still, how in the hell is this happening to me of all freaking people?

I tried to stand up, only to fall back down. I felt like a damn baby deer trying to take her first steps.

"Baby wolf, actually."

Great, my wolf was a smart ass just like me.

Goddess help me.

I tried standing again, and this time I actually stood without falling back down. My legs were shaky, but I knew I would get the hang of it soon.

I let out a small growl, indicating there were more pressing matters than the stare down the two males in front of me were having.

Both of their heads snapped to me and I heard Rafael's sharp intake of breath when he saw me.

"Dee, you're absolutely beautiful."

He was grinning as he gazed at me, so I looked down to try to see the color of my wolf that had him so love struck.

Brown legs down to white paws. How cute, I had boots. Maybe I'll name my wolf boots, I thought happily.

"Nice try, human. My name is Scarlett."

Well, that sucks, I guess she comes with a name. Scarlett is pretty anyways.

I turned my head to try to peek at the fur on my body and was quite happy with what I found.

Brown and white fur covered my body, almost like a paint horse. Like my horse I had as a child actually. Her name was Caysee, and she was beautiful. She was called a "paint," like the color of my fur, but half of her face was brown, and the other half was white. I missed her so much.

"Go on, Deirdra, try to walk. We'll be right behind you."

That was Samuel, his voice sounded like silk wrapping itself around my body.

Was I supposed to stay mated to both of these men, or would I have to choose?

"You will have to choose, dear. The other one, the one you reject, will more than likely be given a second chance mate. There are usually mate bonds and potential mate bonds, but the Goddess and chosen both of these men to be our mate. This is a decision we will have to make together, Deirdra."

Fuck. This can't be happening to me.

 This can't be happening to me