VI - Pain

All I felt was pain.

It felt like every fiber of my being was on fire.

My heart was racing, my head was pounding, my limbs felt as though they had been ripped off and half ass sewn back on.

I couldn't remember anything. I remembered looking down for a split second to dial Rafael's number when something hit me. It felt like a train or a bus, but I knew that was not the case when I was in the middle of an ally way that wouldn't have even had enough room for a small car, let alone a bus.

I remembered screaming when the thing slammed into me. I remember being knocked to the ground and seeing something with glowing yellow eyes staring me in my face.

Its breath smelled like rotting flesh. I screamed again, this time even louder than before.

I guess this angered the thing, because it reared it's huge head back and bit me, right on my neck, and that was it. After that, everything went black.

When I came to, I was still in the alley. Someone was cradling my head and calling my name, but they sounded so far away and the darkness was calling me, trying to pull me back into the deep abyss of pitch black nothingness. I gave into it willingly, anything to escape this pain that was all consuming.

When I came to again, I could hear the steady beep of a monitor. My eyes felt like they had been glued shut, and it was taking everything in me to open them. So I gave up. If I wasn't going to be able to see, I at least wanted to conserve as much f my energy as I could so I would be able to listen and hopefully figure out where the hell I was.

I had a feeling I was in a hospital. The sterile smell of wherever I was, reminded me of the time I went to the hospital with my dad after he had been in an accident. This smelled exactly like that. The beeping of the monitor indicated that I was still very much alive, even though I was hoping this was all a dream.

How did I get here? What happened to me? Am I going to be okay? Do my parents know where I am? Would anyone have even thought to call them to tell them what was happening to me?

The more I started to panic, the faster the machine located in the room started to beep. I heard voices enter the room, demanding a sedative so I would calm down.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to tell them no. I wanted to wake up and figure out what had happened to me.

Someone came charging in the room, demanding to see me, demanding to know if I was okay. The doctor, I assume that's who he was at least, told the person he needed to leave because I wasn't stable right now. The voice had sounded so familiar, but I couldn't quite place where I had heard it before.

Then I felt a prick in my arm, and I started panicking again. Who were these people and why were they trying to keep me asleep? I didn't want to be asleep!

I started trying to fight the drugs, but the faster my heart beat, the faster the medicine went into my system. Before I even knew what was happening, I was being tugged back into the darkness that I so desperately wanted to escape.

Please, please don't make me go back to sleep.