XII - One Last Night

It was the night before the full moon. I had been training every hour of every day since that night when I went absolutely ape shit on Rafael.

I also hate to admit, that Raf and I got a little carried away when we got back to his place after our run. What was supposed to be a simple shower, turned into a heated make-out session against his bathroom door?

The only reason he stopped, was because I pushed him away. A bit too forcefully, I might add, considering he tumbled backward into the hallway and fell over. I instantly felt terrible, but he knew I didn't mean to. I was getting stronger every day. My senses were sharpening and becoming more powerful every day.

It felt like if I focused hard enough, I would literally be able to see the grass grow.

Now here we were, sitting at his kitchen table, a large pitcher of margaritas between us, and we had decided since I had trained so hard, I could rest today and tomorrow to prepare my body for the shift.

I knew it was going to excruciating. Rafael had explained to me in great detail what was going to happen, and to be quite honest just the thought of it made my stomach turn.

Basically, every bone in my body was going to breaking and dislocating to reposition themselves into the body of a wolf.

He also told me that every wolf was a different color, where his wolf was solid black, his sisters was brown and grey, with a white spot over her left eye. It sounded beautiful, and I hoped my wolf would be beautiful as well.

"She will be, Dee. You're extraordinarily beautiful, and I know your wolf will be too." Raf said with a smile on his face.

"Thanks, Raf, even though I wasn't aware I had said that out loud. I feel like I have no filter from my brain to my mouth anymore."

We were laughing at the memory of a few nights ago when, again, I had said exactly what was on my mind without even realizing it.

I had come back home from training early and walked in on Rafael in only a towel. I had seen him shirtless before during training sessions, but this was different. I remembered thinking how absolutely edible he looked, and also voiced those thoughts to him.

I realized I said it out loud when he burst out laughing and told me he was going to go put some clothes on before something happened between us.

A good idea, for sure. My self-control with him seemed to be slipping by the day. But honestly, how could it not when he was just so attractive?

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"Oh, yeah. Alpha Samuel wanted to stop by tonight to tell us where you could go to shift tomorrow night. My house isn't excluded from the pack's eye, and I didn't think you would want to go through that for the first time with everyone who passed by stopping to watch."

He stood up from the table and walked over the door.

"Alpha, please, come in. We have margaritas if you're interested in a few drinks with. We're celebrating Deirdra's human life, and celebrating what will be her new life tomorrow as a werewolf."

"Sure, what are they? I have always had a weakness for margaritas."

He flashed me a smile and I felt my heart speed up the pace at the sight. Maybe alcohol, me, and these two gorgeous men in front of me was not a good idea.

But what the hell, you only almost die once, right?

Several hours and two more pitchers of margaritas later, we were all pretty hammered. It definitely took them a lot more to get drunk than it took for me, but that was because of their werewolf gene, or so I was told.