Chapter 1: Furry Friends

"Welcome to (L/n) Animal Clinic, how may I- Oh, Hey Izuku." I smiled as I saw the familiar green headed hero when I turned around from putting away an animal's file. He gave me a sheepish smile as I narrowed my gaze at the large box he was holding in his arms. "What is that?"

"I found them on the way to the agency and I can't take them with me... So I brought them to you." As If on cue, loud meows were heard from the box. "Izuku, I'm a clinic, not a shelter. I can't keep them here..." I sighed and looked in at the four kittens looking back up at me expectantly. I cracked. "Fine."

Izuku smiled and set the on the front desk, looking in at them with me. "So what are they thinking?" He asked, referring to my quirk. "Hmmm..." I hummed and focused on the kittens.

'I'm scared.'

'Where are we?'

'Mom?'

'Help'

"It's okay..." I said and reached in, trying to pet one of them. "Well?" Izuku asked curiously. "They are scared and confused." I sighed, feeling bad for them. "Poor things are so young and then being separated from their mom..." I said more to myself than to Izuku.

"Ah! I am going to be really late!" He gasped looking at the time. "I will come back after my shift to help with them." I smiled lightly and waved him off. "Don't worry about it. I will take care of them. Be careful out there, Deku." I called him by his hero name and he smiled as he ran out the door.

"What am I going to do with you?..." I spoke out loud, looking into the large box.

-

"(F/n)?" Izuku's voice ran through the silent clinic. He made his way to my office in the back. "Hello?" He opened the door to my office and I looked at him with tired eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned. I let out a small sigh and ran my hand through my (h/c) locks. "It's been a busy day... and these kittens you brought have grown very attached very quickly..."

He hadn't noticed the constant meows and the four small cats around the room. He laughed and rubbed the back of his neck out of embarrassment. "Sorry... You were the only person I could think to bring them to." I shook my head, playfully giving him a hard time. "I don't think sorry is going to cut it."

He held up the paper bag he had been holding. "How about a peace offering." I raised an eyebrow at him. "If those are more cats I am going to kill you."

-

"Thank you for the meal." I said clapping my hands together and smiling at him, putting the take out box to the side. "Ne, (F/n)..." He trailed off. I narrowed my eyes at him, knowing he was going to ask for a favor. Most of the time I didn't mind, but I had feeling this was bigger. "Yes?" I questioned curiously. "I know I troubled you with those kittens today...But do you think you can do me one more teeny tiny favor?" He asked. I motioned for him to go on.

"Well you see... I got a last minute mission and I am being sent up north for a week or so and I don't have anyone to watch Hachi... So I was wondering if there is any way you will watch him?" He said very quietly. He hated asking for favors, out of fear you would think he was just trying to take advantage of your kindness. I thought about it for a few minutes in silence.

"Izuku, you are my best friend, and I love Hachi in all of his fluffiness, but I can't... I don't want to keep him cooped up in a kennel and I can't keep him in the apartment, there isn't enough room. Is there anyone else you can ask?" I felt bad saying no, but I knew I couldn't care for him and the new kittens.

Hachi was a very finicky shiba inu Izuku rescued last year who gets scared easily and doesn't like new people, which is why Izuku was asking me. "Oh! Actually there is one other person I can think of!" The green headed boy said excitedly and stood up from his spot. "Well if that doesn't work out, I will try and keep him here." Izuku nodded and thanked me before quickly rushing out.

_________________________________________________

I promise Todoroki will be introduced soon :)