Chapter 6: Texts

**This is a bad name for the chapter I just didn't know what else to put**

Hachi's tail thumped against the floor after Todoroki said that to him. I smiled as I looked at them both. Todoroki's hand was on the pupper's head as they looked intently at each other. I took a picture of the tender moment and smiled. "He does understand me right?" Shouto looked over right as I took the picture. My face flushed as I put my phone down. 

"Were you taking a picture?" He questioned next.

I looked away. "Yeah... sorry... You both looked so cute and I was going to send it to Izuku so he could see how Hachi was doing... I can delete it if you want." My face felt like t was going to catch on fire and I fiddled with my phone as an excuse to look away from him. "No, it's fine." He said with a the lightest tint of pink dusting his cheeks, light enough for me to overlook.

"But to answer your question, yes he does understand you, for the most part." I changed the topic back to the dog that was staring up at the both of us. "Interesting..." Todoroki said. "Can you read Human's minds?" He asked and a small laugh escaped past my lips. "Izuku asked me the same question when we met. But no, I can't. The human mind is too complex for my quirk." The two tone male hummed. "I guess that makes sense."

"Ah, wait. What time is it?" He asked, looking around the room for a clock. "Um... It's 9:17. Why?" I questioned his shift in demeanor. "I'm supposed to be at work about 3 hours ago. I should get going." He said, turning around to leave.

We both went back upstairs to gather his things. "I guess I should have dried your clothes when I woke up..." I said, more to myself, as I looked at his damp clothes laying in a pile. "It's fine, it won't hurt me to wear them for a bit." He said, picking them up. "You can just keep those clothes you are wearing so you don't have to put the wet ones on if you want..." I suggested and he agreed. "Are you sure you feel okay enough to work?..." He looked tired and his face still slightly feverish. "I'm fine, I will be going now." He said with a nod.

With that, he was on his way and I was left with the animals. As I walked back down to the clinic, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Izuku: Aw my poor boy (゜'Д`゜)

Izuku: Is Shouto wearing your clothes?

Me: Maybe... It's a long story...

My face heated up again as I looked at the cute picture. Todoroki's hair was slightly disheveled and his mouth slightly open from the question he had been asking. I smiled and set my phone down, getting to work on things I need to get done since the clinic is technically closed for the day.

-

The day passed by, filled with small tasks that had been neglected by my usually busy schedule. '(F/n)!' I heard Hatchi call out and I quickly went into the kennel room to see what was wrong. "Yes?" I looked at him and he thumped his tail. 'I'm bored.' He complained. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the floor, opening the cage and patting his head. "You still still need to rest and I have things I need to get done. I can't stay in here with you all day." I felt bad as he gave me a sad look.

My attention was pulled away by my phone vibrating in my pocket.

Unknow: How is Hatchi?

Me: Todoroki?

Unknown: This is (L/n), right?

Me: Yes.

Unknown: Yes this is Todoroki.

Me: He is feeling more like himself

Todoroki S. : Good. I am glad he is doing better.

I looked to Hatchi. "Shouto said he glad you are doing better." I said with a smile, using his first name. 'Tall human?' I laughed and nodded. "Yes the tall human." His tail thumped against the floor in excitement. 'I miss him!'

Me: Hachi appreciates it and says he misses you

<Image>

(Todoroki POV)

My phone buzzed on the break room table. A smile ghosted on my lips at the picture of Hatchi (L/n) sent me. "First you come in late from the opposite direction of your house and now your smiling? Who is she? Is she cute?" Kirishima teased as he grabbed a water from the fridge. "It's not like that." I said plainly as I replied to the text.

Me: I can stop by later? I need to drop your clothes off anyways.

I felt nervous sending the text. 'Is it weird for me to say that?' I questioned myself. "So it's a guy? I didn't know you swing that way, but hey, I don't judge, bro." Kirishima went on with the teasing. "Don't you have something better to be doing?" I raised an eyebrow at him as I set the phone back down.

"Hmm not really. Katsuki is out on the mission with Izuku and I usually hang with him on breaks." The red head said with a small sigh. My phone buzzed again. Before could grab it, Kirishima launched his hand and snatched it.

"Ohohoho who is '(L/n)'?" He said as he unlocked the device. "Sure you can stop by tonight. I can make dinner if you want?" He read the text out loud in a strained, high pitched voice. "Give it back to me." I said annoyed. The phone buzzed again and I stood up. "What do you want me to make?" Kirishima read out the latest text in the awful voice.

I tried to grab the phone back once he started typing. "Don't you dare." I said glaring at him as he kept turning away from me. He faced me with a smile and handed me the phone back when he was done. "You're welcome."

"Dumb ass."