Chapter 9: The Picture

(Shouto POV)

"Todorki Shouto, you sly dog!" Kirishima threw something down in front of me as I changed into my hero uniform. I looked down at the magazine.

'Pro Hero, Shouto, seen with a secret lover sharing a departing kiss?'

Was sprawled at the top of a tabloid magazine above a picture of us kissing in front of the clinic. The lighting was bad but you could still make out it was me. I sighed and gave Kirishima a dry look. "I really don't see the big deal about this." I shut my locker and turned to go see my duties for the day. The red head followed me out, bombarding me with questions on the way.

-

(F/n POV)

I stared up at my ceiling out of embarrassment as I reflected on my actions of the night before. 'We are both mature adults so I shouldn't even worry about it... I mean he did kiss back so...' I tried to reason with myself but it only made it worse. 'But what if he only did it so I wouldn't be embarrassed from rejection...' Self doubt crept up, slowly pulling me into it's grasps. 'That's probably what it was...' I groaned and pulled myself out of bed, running a little late from the depressive state I have gotten myself into.

-

"Hi, welcome to (L/n)'s Animal clinic." I greeted the older woman with a smile as she held a poodle in her arms. "I would like to have Aki here groomed." She smiled and I stood up from behind the counter and lead her to the grooming room. "So, I see you have gotten yourself a boyfriend. It's about time, you know your biological clock is ticking. And I am sure your Grandmother would love to see some great grand babies." She said as she handed me the dog.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm sorry, but I'm still single, Mrs. Shuji. I don't know what you are talking about." I tried to keep a polite face, as I am quite used to her bringing up these topics when she comes in for her dogs monthly groom. "You don't mean to tell me that it isn't you and that one hero in the picture floating around? And I could be wrong but I know where those spots come from on your neck." She gave me a sly look as she gestured to the light love bites Todoroki left on my neck. 'I didn't think they were that visible...' I thought to myself as I pulled the neck of my shirt up higher.

"I don't know what picture you are talking about..." At least I wasn't lying about that part. I tired to just focus on the grooming at hand but she kept going. "Let me just pull it up for you." He whipped out her phone and started typing away. 'There's no way it's me... It is probably someone else.' I thought to myself.

"Ah! That's me!" I said surprised at the online article she was holding up on her phone. "No way... Who took this picture?" I questioned and she shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I am glad to see you are finally putting yourself out there. I was starting to get worried, it seems like you talk to more animals than humans." I sighed at her comment.

-

After the the older woman left, I sat down at the computer and looked up the article in question. "Pro-Hero, Shouto, seen sharing a departing kiss with a secret lover..." I read out loud as I scrolled through it. "He was seen to be leaving around midnight after sharing a departing kiss from the (L/n) Animal Clinic..." I sighed and closed out the article, not wanting to read more. 'They didn't have to put my clinic's name in there...Hopefully it won't hurt business...'

As if on cue, my phone started buzzing like crazy.

7 new messages from Izuku

2 new message from Todoroki S.

I sighed and opened Izuku's first, as I wasn't brave enough to see what Todoroki had to say.

Izuku: <Link>

Izuku: WhAT

Izuku: (F/N)

Izuku: ARE YOU AND SHOUTO REALLY SECRET LOVERS?? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME????

Izuku: DID I INTURUPT YOU TWO LAST NIGHT?

Izuku: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS INFORMATION

Izuku: I'm going to call you

I looked down at all the messages as the calling screen popped up. "Explain." He said immediately. He didn't sound mad, more like interested and wanted to know what was going on. "It's not what you think. He just came over for dinner and we talked for a bit afterwards and had a few glasses of wine..." I said, purposefully excluding details. "So you aren't secretly in a relationship and didn't tell me?" I laughed. "No Izuku." He seemed to sigh in relief. "But what about the picture about you two kissing?" I felt my cheeks heat up a little. "It was nothing, Izuku... Now I have to go I am working..." I said and hung up before he could question me more.

I leaned back in the rolling chair and looked at my phone. 'I can't believe they got aan article out on it so fast...I guess I need to see what Todoroki wants...' Part of me was scared to see what he would have to say. It was an illogical fear, but fear none the less.

Todoroki S.: <Link>

Todoroki S.: Have you seen this yet?

Me: Yes, I had a customer ask me about it and then I heard from Izuku, who was very confused

Todoroki S.: I heard from Izuku too, he had a lot of questions to ask.

Todoroki S: I can talk to the publishing company and get the to remove the article if you would like?

Me: I don't want to trouble you... It should blow over in a few days

Todoroki S.: Alright, I have to go now. Talk to you later

'Surely it will blow over in a few days...' I thought as I got up from my spot to continue with work.