Chapter 10: Barking Up the Wrong Tree

(Todoroki S. POV)

"You seem like you are in a hurry. Going to see your girlfriend?" Kirishima said as he changed back into his street clothes. "I already told you we aren't in a relationship and that article isn't true." I had a dry tone to my voice, tired of this topic coming up. "Alright alright, I'm just messing with you." The red head laughed and closed his locker.

"I could be wrong, bur you don't seem like the type to go around kissing just anyone." Kamiari butted into the conversation.

"What I do in my free time is none of your business." I was losing my patience with their nonsense.
-
I checked the time on my phone as I walked into the publishing firms front doors. "How may I help you, sir?" The girl behind the front desk greeted me as she looked up from the computer.

"I need to talk to someone about pulling an article that was written about me." I set the magazine I took from Kirishima on the counter. She looked at it and picked up the phone next to her, punching in a few numbers before putting it up to her ear. "Hi, someone is down here complaining about the article that was put out today..." She trailed off and I could hear a deeper voice on the other end of the line. The woman looked at me and sighed. "Its Todoroki Shouto, sir. Would you like me to send him up?"

She hung up the phone and directed me to the elevator and which office I needed to go to. I thanked her and made my way up to the office, ready to resolve the issue and be done with it.

I stood in front of the frosted glass door with dark oak trim. Before my knuckles could make contact with the door, a voice rang out.

"Come in, Mr. Todoroki Shouto."

I pushed the door open and was met by an older man with thinning hair. His heavy set self was sat behind an oak desk that matched the rest of the furniture on the. "So I heard you have a problem with one if our articles?" He had a smug look as he motioned me to sit down.

"Yes, I need you to take down the article you had written about me and my friend. All it is doing is spreading fake news." His face fell flat. "I can't do that. See, you are a big face for this generation of Pro heroes. This article in particular has done exponentially better and that means a big pay check. So no, I can't take it down."

"You can't just keep up a fake article about someone, especially if they are here asking you to get rid of it; which I am." I could feel the annoyance, more than anything, showing on my face. "And what are you going to do about it?" His smug look complimented the tone of superiority his voice held. It was mocking.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash drive plugged into the monitor on his desk. I swiftly grabbed it and yanked it from the port. "Hey! Put that back!" The older man yelled, reaching for my left hand that held the drive.

I clenched my first as he held onto my wrist. "Give me back that right now!" He sounded like a child who had their toy taken away from them. I used my quirk to start heating up my clenched fist.

Before I could do anything else, I was suddenly looking up at the man who was a good bit shorter than me. 'What the...' I tried to say something but all that came out was a bark.

(F/n POV)

'Can we pleeeeaassseeeee go on a walk? I feel a lot better! I promise I won't run off again!' Hachi whined and he looked up at me from under my desk where he had been resting. I sighed as he wagged his tail. "You still aren't full better so I don't think it is a good idea for you to get worked up."

The hyper active dog just whined louder as I continued to fill out some paperwork. 

After a few minutes of his whining and nudging my leg, I caved and stood up. "Alright, but it will be a short walk and you have to take it easy."
-
I smiled as Hachi trotted along the side walk. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as his mind raced with different thoughts. It was refreshing to see him acting more like himself.

We had made it around the block and he had done his business before he started acting strange. "Come on Hatchi, back inside..." I lightly tugged at his leash as a way to get him back inside. 'I smell tall human! Lets go see him!' Hatchi thought excitedly and tried to pull away, going towards the familiar smell. I sighed, "Not right now... Lets get you back inside so you can rest." My tug on him was firmer as he continued to pull away from me.

After fighting him like this, I gave up and stepped at a pace to keep up with the eager dog. His nose was to the ground as he focused intently while moving as quickly as I would allow.

'Where is he...' The injured dog inquired as be kept sniffing and lead us further away from the clinic. "He probably passed through here on his way home. Now lets go back so you can rest." I tried to coax him back so he wouldn't over work himself while he was still trying to heal. I seemed to have won him over as he drooped him tail and turned back, walking beside me as we ventured back from the walk. He kept smelling and his thoughts were scattered, he seemed confused.

As the clinic came into sight, I noticed something sitting my the door. Hatchi noticed this too and perked up immediately as he sped up. I jogged behind him as he pulled me forward.

A medium sized red and white dog sat with a backpack next to it, looking at me expectantly. Its ears were leaned slightly back and its body language was on the rigid side.

"Hey... Where did you come from?" I questioned while reaching my hand out and placing it on the mystery dog's head. I focused as I tried to listen into their thoughts for a reply but it was like tuning into static. I could make out bits of words but none of it made sense. It was like I could only pick out a few words and the rest were in a foreign language. "That's weird... This doesn't usually happen..." I was stumped at my quirk failing me. "Unless..."

A light bulb went off in my head as the pieces clicked together.

"Shouto? Is that you?"

_______________________________________

Sorry it has been 10 million years since I have updated /.\