Chapter 11: Dog Days

I stared down at Shouto's current form, dumbfounded at how it even could have happened. I couldn't help but hold back some laughs at his drastic change. Hit body language showed he didn't see the same humor in the situation as I did.

"Come on, you can stay here until you go back to normal..." I pulled the glass door open and picked up the back that was next to Shouto so both dogs could come inside. I unclipped Hachi's leash and he immediately went over to Shouto and sniffed him. The newly turned dog tried to get away from the prodding nose and let out what resembled a sigh.

"Hachi, leave him alone. Lets go back to the kennel..." I said, giving a little clap and walking towards the kennel room of the clinic. Being the stubborn pup he is, he didn't come. I rolled my eyes a little and grabbed one of the many bags of treats I keep handy. I gave the bag a shake, which caught the attention of Hachi. 'Treats!'

He trotted over and sat at my feet expectantly. "Go lay down." I said while pointing to the open crate.
-
After getting Hachi settled I looked to Shouto. "I have some things to do down here before I am going back upstairs so I guess just relax? " I said to him, not knowing what to do with him while I closed up the clinic for the night. He just sniffed around a little and ended up laying on the bed I kept under my desk for Hachi. I smiled at the sight of him curled up and then went on with my work.

For the most part, Shouto just seemed to sleep as I walked around and check inventory; perking up if I got closer to him or made a lot of noise. 'He is just like an actual dog...' I though to myself as I walked over to my desk and scooted the plush rolling chair back.

He immediately opened his eyes and went to get up and move. "You can stay there, its fine." I said to reassure him. He looked like he was weighing his choices and he laid back down. I sat down with my legs pulled up, so they wouldn't be in Shouto's way, and started on the rest of my work.

After about an hour had passed, an unfamiliar ringtone went off. The dog at my feet perked up and went over to his bag that I had set on counter. He looked at me then back at the bag.

I got up from my spot and grabbed his phone from the side pocket. It buzzed as it played the default ringtone. The name 'Kirishima' was sprawled across the top.

"Do you want me to answer it?" I want entirely sure what he wanted me to do.  He gave a small bark in response and I slid my finger across the screen to accept the call.

"Geez, its about time you picked up, its not very many to answer at the last second." A masculine voice on the other started off without warning. I looked to Shouto, wishing he could tell me what he wanted me to say.

"Hello? Are you still there?" The deep voice questioned. "Yes, I am... But um...Shouto can't come to the phone..." I replied. There was a moment of silence before the man on the other end answered. "If you don't mind me asking, who is this?"

"Oh, Right. I'm (L/n) (F/N)." He laughed lightly before he spoke again. "Of course, I see why he wasn't answering my messages then." He chuckled a little. "I should have guessed he was with you. I am Kirishima Eijirou, by the way." He sounded very light hearted as he talked. "Is there something you needed Shouto for? I can pass the message on if you need?" I asked, wondering what the point of the call was for.

"No, its not too important. Just have him call me back when he gets the chance." He paused for a minute and then spoke. "Well, I don't want to inturupt you too love birds for too long so just have him message me back at some point." I felt my face heat up and before I could say anything the line clicked off, signaling be hung up.

Shouto was looking up at me, most likely wanting to know who was on the phone and what it was about. "That was Kirishima, he said to have you message him back when you get the chance... Although Im not sure when that will be..." I trailed off a little, still a little flustered.
-
Once I got everything settled in the clinic, I grabbed his bag and headed for the stairs, the sound of nails clicking on the tile signaled that he was following.

I opened the apartment door and was greeted by 1 of the 4 kittens that were temporarily boarding with me. She immediately took notice if Shouto and was put on edge. I laughed lightly at the display. She puffed up and laid her ears back. Shouto, on the other hand, paid her no mind.

I ran my hand through my hair as I closed the door and thought over the situation.

'Its going to be a long night...' I thought as I watched the territorial feline swat at Shouto as he nudged her.

-------------
This took forever to write and get done Im sorry!! It is also horribly underedited and probably all over the place  /.\