Chapter 3: Unexpected Escape

(Hachi POV)

"Please don't destroy anything while I am gone, and try not to use the bathroom in here either. I put down puppy pads in case you need to go." The tall human said to me before he turned and walked out the door, closing it behind him. 'Time to explore!' I trotted through the strange house, nudging open doors with my snout that weren't all the way shut.

'Hmmm... This is where I sleep...' I nudged around the bare room, making my way back out an to the kitchen. 'Something smells good' I sniffed as I walked around. I stood at the trash can. 'Izuku tells me no when I dig in the trash...but he isn't here soooooo it should be fine!' I concluded as tried to push open the lid. i eventually knocked it over, letting the contents scatter in the floor.

'Left overs! Itadakimasu!' I started to eat the leftovers that were tossed away. Satisfied, I walked back down the hall to the bed room. 'There has to be something good in here...' I sniffed around and eventually nudged the closet open. 'Mmmm shoes... No, I shouldn't.'  I jumped up on the bed and curled up. 'I need a nap...'

-

-

-

"Hachi, I'm home." I heard the tall human call out as I jumped off his bed and ran in to greet him. I sat and wagged my tail, waiting for a pet on the head. His nose crinkled and he walked by me. "What is that smell?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I knew I was in trouble and bowed my head sheepishly. 'I didn't mean too... My stomach was hurting...' He didn't seem to be able to hear me like (F/n) could.

I could tell he was mad, but he didn't yell. "Go outside while I clean all this up." He opened the door and I walked outside with my tail down. I sat against the closed door, waiting to come back in. I lifted my nose to the sky and sniffed. 'Smells like rain...and food!' I wagged my tail and went over to the gate. It wasn't closed all the way so I nudged it open and went after the delicious smell.

(Shouto POV)

I sighed once I finished cleaning up the mess that was made and went to the door. I opened it and called for Hachi. "Hachi, come inside. Food time." I furrowed my eyebrows when he didn't come. I then noticed the open gate. "Shit!" I exclaimed and threw on my shoes, running out to look for him.

-

"Hachi!" I called out as I walked around town. I asked passerby's if they had seen him, no luck. 'Dammit. I can't believe he got out. How do I tell Izuku?' Panic built in my stomach as I called out for him again. 'Stay calm... I'm sure it will be fine.' I told myself.

It started to rain and the sun had went down long ago. 

'Maybe he is back home...' I stopped and looked around one last time before turning to check at the house again.

*BARK*

I turned around sharply as I saw Hachi sitting on the other side of the "Hachi! Stay!" I yelled out as he started to run across the road.

It was like everything went in slow motion. I couldn't think of something to do between the honk of the car and the collision. My mind was frozen as I watched it play out.

My body moved on it's own as I ran out into the, now stopped, traffic and squatted down beside Hachi, who was laying on his side, whimpering. "Oh my god! I'm SO sorry! They ran out in front of me and I couldn't stop." The middle aged woman had gotten out of her car and was standing by me. I looked at her as I picked Hachi up gently and looked at the woman. "Where is (L/n)'s Animal Clinic?" I asked. She looked surprised. "Oh! I take my cat there! Um, It's about a 15 minute walk from here. You go..." She quickly explained the directions and thanked her.

I used my ice to skate along the side walk, cutting down the time it took to get there. Using your quirk in public wasn't allowed, even for a pro hero who is off duty. 'It's not like it is the first, or the last time I am going to break a few rules...' I thought, thinking about my days at UA.

-

I stood in front of the clinic out of breath. 'All the lights are off, she must be closed...' I thought as I knocked loudly on the glass doors. "Come on..." I said quietly as Hachi continued to let out small whimpers and cries. "Hurry up..." I looked from Hachi to the darkened inside as I continued to beat on the door.