Chapter 8: 20 Questions and a Bottle of Wine

"I'll go first." I thought for a moment and took a sip from my glass. "Hmmm... When's your birthday?" I asked. "January 11th." I made a mental note of it. "What's your favorite color?" he asked. "(F/c)." I said with a goofy smile and took a sip from my glass.

We asked simple questions back and forth for a while, loosing count of how many we actually had. "Favorite food?" I questioned and he thought for a minute. "I would have to say Zaru Soba." He had a small smile resting on his lips. "Yours?" Todoroki questioned back. I gave it a moment of thought before speaking. "That's a tough one but I think (f/f) would be it."

As we continued the questions started to have more complex answers. I had noticed Todoroki loosening up a little more, showing he wasn't as aloof on the inside as he showed.

"How did you and Izuku meet?" Todoroki questioned. I let out a small sigh and leaned back a little. "Hm... let's see... I think it was about a year ago, maybe more I can't remember. But he had brought in a puppy he found after a villain attack. I was the closest vet that was open and he brought it in." I stopped and laughed slightly. "The puppy is Hachi, by the way. He was very scared though and actually bit me when I was doing a check up to make sure he wasn't injured. Izuku apologized profusely for it, but it wasn't anything too bad. After that, he drilled me with questions about my quirk as he wrote it down in a notebook. So...I guess we met through Hachi." Todoroki slightly laughed. "That dog has a way of bringing people together." I smiled and nodded at his statement. "I guess you are right."

I thought about my next question, but not enough.

"How did you get that scar over your eye?" This was a mistake. The words had fallen right out of my mouth before I could stop myself. Todoroki immediately stiffed and looked away from me. "Ahh, I'm sorry. If your don't want to answer you don't have to..." I said but he cut off my rambling with a sigh. "My mother poured boiling water over my eye when I was young." He said with a hardwe tone to his voice than he had before. Which was understandable. The mood plummeted from light hearted get-to-know-each-other to yanking those skeletons right out of the closet really fast.

"Oh..." Was all I could think to say. He reached forward and poured himself another glass. "Can I ask why?..." I wanted to break down some of the ice that surrounded him, but not fast enough to push him away. "She said my left side reminded her of my abusive father. She just...snapped, I guess. After that my father put her in the mental hospital." He was looking into his glass as he chose his words carefully.

We sat quietly for a minute as I digested the information. Thinking it over, or just thinking in general.

I don't know what took over me, but I turned and laid my head in his lap, looking up at him. He didn't protest or push me off, which surprised me. His fingers had made their way into my hair and played with small strands as he looked down at me. "What about you?" He asked, looking down at me. "How was your childhood. Don't you have any skeletons hiding in your closet?"

It was only fair he asked. "I grew up with my Grand Parents up until I convinced them to let me move into the city for high school. As for my parents, they were both killed when I was young in a villain attack." I opened my eyes and met Todoroki's hard to read gaze. "Pitty me, I know." I laughed lightly.

"I'm sorry." He said and I laughed. "Don't do that. I hate it when as soon as people hear about that they are like, 'Oh, I'm so sorry.' I could have had it a lot worse, you know. And it's not like you had anything to do with it, so don't apologize." I smiled and reached to the table, grabbing the, now almost empty bottle, and pouring the last bit into both our glasses.

I sat up off his lap and leaned my head against his shoulder. Another silence fell over us for a few moments. "So why did you become a vet and not go for being a hero?" Todoroki asked. "Hey, I believe it is my turn to ask the question this time... But I guess I can still answer." I teased and finished the last bit of my drink pulling my legs close to my chest to get comfortable. "I guess it is mostly because of my grandparents. They wouldn't have stopped me if I would have parused that career, but I didn't want them to stress over my well being. Also my quirk isn't very heroic so it wouldn't fare well in a field of people who can outshine me in every way, you know.

He nodded. I got lost in his hetero-chromatic eyes as he looked over at me. "Can I do something really quick?" I asked as I scooted into his lap facing him. He didn't say anything but his eyes were questioning my actions. I pushed his hair back and and cupped his face in my hands. I ran my thumb over the scarred skin that covered one of his eyes, but it definetly didn't take away from his beauty. I then leaned in and pressed my forehead against his, closing my eyes and emptying my mind.

After a few moments, he finally questioned me. "What are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow as his hands rested on the sides of my thighs. I sighed and sat back a little, putting more space between us. "I was trying to read your mind... It didn't work." I smiled and He let out a slight chuckle.

I got sucked back into his enchanting gaze as our eyes met. Before I could stop myself, I leaned forward again, this time pressing my lips to his. Bold of me, I know. It was a pleasant surprise then he moved his lips against mine instead of pushing me away. I wrapped my hands around his neck and he pulled me closer into his chest.

The taste of wine lingered on his breath

Our lips danced in rhythm and it took my breath away. His hands left a trail of goosebumps as he moved them from the sides of my thighs to the small of my back. His teeth pulled at my lower lip as his tongue worked it's way into my mouth. I felt like I was melting into a puddle from the sensory overload that was numbing me. The kiss was passionate, but not needy. He was taking his time, and I definitely wasn't in a rush.

I ran my fingers through his soft dual colored locks, occasionally tugging at them. Each tug rewarded a quiet, almost inaudible grunt. I smiled against his lips before he pulled away. I let out a small whine before he placed kissed from my lips to along my jaw, making his way down my neck. I craned my neck to the side, giving him better access. I shivered as he drug his teeth along the sensitive part of my skin. He kept giving that spot attention as I bit my lip to quiet myself.

"Shouto..." I said quietly as he continued to pepper my neck in gentle kisses. I gripped his shoulders and sighed. The wine had muddled my brain and logical thinking, but not enough for me to be completely incapacitated. 

*BUZZZ BUZZZ BUZZZ*

The sound of my phone vibrating on the table grabbed both of our attention. "It's probably not important..." I said before pushing my lips back to his, to which he didn't complain.

  *BUZZZ BUZZZ BUZZZ*  

I pulled away reluctantly and grabbed the phone to see Izuku was calling. I sighed and fell abck against the couch with my legs over Todoroki as I answered it. "Hello?" I tried to make my breathing sound as normal as possible. "Hey, are you busy? You sound winded?" Of couse he picked up on it. I looked to Todoroki who was tracing shapes on my bare legs. "I was kind of busy, but if you are calling this late, it must be important, right?"

"Actually... I just wanted to check on Hachi..." I rolled my eyes.

-

"One more thing before you go..." I said as he had turned around to leave. He turned back to face me and I leaned up, pressing one last kiss to his slightly chapped lips. A smile tugged at my lips when he kissed back before pulling away. "Night, (F/n)." He said with a smile ghosting on his lips. "Be safe." I said as he turned away and I closed the door, ready to retire for the night.

-----------------------------------------------

Kinda trash but this is the best I could do rn, sorry. Hope you enjoyed ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ