Chapter 12: Well Awaited Reunion

I groaned as my phone ringing pulled me from the depths of sleep. I reached out and patted around, feeling for the loud device. I huffed and sat up, turning on the lamp beside me. I pressed the phone to my ear and laid back down, throwing an arm over my eyes. "Good morning, (F/n)!" Izuku's cheerful voice assaulted my tired state. "Good morning, Izuku..." I sighed.

"Sorry for calling so early." He chuckle before he continued on with his statement. "We finished up a little sooner than expected so me and Kacchan should be back by this afternoon." I smiled lightly at his giddiness.

"Well let me know when you are close by and I can make some lunch to celabrate. I'm sure Hachi will be ecstatic to see you." I said, trying to sound as alive as possible. The green headed male hummed excitedly and said his goodbyes before hanging up.

I rolled over on my side and set my phone back on the nightstand. I laid for a moment, lost in my thoughts before I remembered Shouto's situation. I looked at the foot of my bed. Curled up by my feet was still a red and white dog, accompanied by 4 kittens that had gotten used to his new form.

'So cute...' I smiled at the scene at my feet. Feeling wide awake now, I decided to get a head start on the day and pull myself from the embrace of the blankets.
-
I stepped out of the bathroom, steam falling out behind me. I looked to the end of my bed as I toweled off the remaining droplets of water still dampening my hair. My eyes met a pair of heterochromatic ones staring back.

"Good Morning. " I smiled, hoping to lighten his still slightly sour mood. The bi-colored dog stood up and stretched before hopping off the bed.

He padded behind me, trailing me to tube kitchen. As I dished out kibble for the four obnoxiously lid felines, it dawned upon me. I looked to Shouto, "What am I supposed to feed you?... It Doesn't feel right to give you dog food... But will people food hurt your stomach?"

I tried my best to hear what he was thinking but it was to no avail; nothing but static. I sighed knowing what to do.
-
After breakfast was resolved and the morning progressed, it was time to open up the clinic. "Are you coming down or would you rather stay up here?" I asked as I stood with the door open, knowing Shouto couldn't speak his answer.

A moment of thought passed before he turned and hopped up onto the couch, curling up, facing the TV I left on. I smiled and closed the door, making my way down the steps.

The morning seemed to pass by slowly as the occasional people and pet stopped by for groomings, check ups, etc.

Hatchi waited excitedly at my feet ever since I told him Izuku was coming back today.

'I can't wait to see him again!!!' He thought as his tail wagged a million miles a minute. I laughed lightly, knowing Izuku felt the same way.
-
"Hello?" I asked as I pressed the phone to my ear, even though I knew who it was and exactly what the wanted. "(F/n)! We just got off the train! I can be there in 15!" His voice sounded a little strained and a faint, angry, 'Slow down, nerd!' could be heard from, presumably, Bakugou.

I laughed, "Okay, I will see you two then." The line clicked off.

I looked to Hachi at my feet, whose ears were perked and tail wagged in excitement. "He is on his way."

Sheer joy shined through the dog's dark eyes.

It barely felt like 10 minutes by the time I was finished with my tasks and  hanging up the 'closed for lunch' sign that a very winded Izuku busted through the doors. "Hachi I'm back!" He managed between heavy breaths.

'Izuku!' Hachi barked in excitement and leaped onto the green headed hero. Izuku fell to the ground, assaulted by Hachi's affection.

"You Fucking nerd... Why they hell did you sprint all the way here?" Bakugou took away from the heart warming scene as he seemed to try and catch his breath.

Hachi let out a low growl as he looked at the angry blond, who he didn't particularly favor.

"Alright alright, please don't get him too worked up..." I said to diffuse the sudden tension. "How about I make you guys some lunch?" I smiled and Izuku nodded, slowly getting off the floor.

I lead the way up the steps to the apartment as I thought about something I could throw together quickly. "Make yourselves at home." I welcomed them in, even though it wasn't Izuku's first time here. "Please don't break anything, Bakugou..." I said, knowing his aggressive tendencies.

Before the blonde could gripe, Izuku cut him off. "(F/n), when did you get a dog?" He asked as he looked at Shouto, who was still on the couch.

"Oh... About that..."

-----------------
I hope you enjoyed the update! Sorry it took so long...again...

I have a quick question: Would you guys like a Holiday special? Comment if you want that :)