13 - A Plan in Motion

ALEKSO

     From the moment Kazaxon took advantage of my weakened state and attacked Duchess Audrine, I understood it would be a long while until I regained control. I had to float in the demon's consciousness and watch him choke the life out of her. Her face turned red, eyes bulging out of their sockets, her tongue pushing out past her wrinkled lips. The Evermires were the most loyal to me besides Jean himself, and they provided me with men, clothes, food and coin for my cause. They believed wholeheartedly in the idea that nobility was a responsibility given to you by God himself, so not just anyone could be king.

     I never fucking cared about that. I just wanted Henry to pay for killing my family. Taking back Mercia was simply an added bonus. I think I proved myself to be a fit ruler, of course, even if my methods were unconventional, but if I was worse a tyrant than I am, the Evermires wouldn't have noticed. So for them to sit there all day and fling insults at poor Edeva was foolish. It had me barely hanging on. Kazaxon's resurgence was inevitable.

     He burst forth from me, my skin turning red and his horns shooting from my forehead. He wrapped a hand around Audrine's long, scrawny neck and held her there. I did try to fight it at first. I called to Kazaxon that she wasn't worth the trouble, but he would not be swayed. And soon I didn't care. Let him kill and slaughter all those who think they are above my queen in my thoughts. Let Audrine suffer, and then let her die. I don't need the Evermires anymore, and they must learn their place.

     It was only Edeva's touch that distracted us from Kaz's wrath. I smiled at the same time as he did, looking down and seeing her big purple eyes, her irresistible pout. She squeezed his arm and we were both done for.

     Kaz and I scoffed at Audrine as Edeva's mercy spared her life. Maybe the old bitch will think twice before being so disrespectful to a 'commoner'. That thought had never crossed my mind before - the elite being taken down a peg by the little people below them. I didn't mind. All of Mercia should prosper, not just the nobility.

     When Eva brought Kaz in to our chambers, my entire being shook. She made the decision, sure, but she was goaded in to it, wanting to placate the demon before he killed again. She didn't truly want him. I was on edge as she took her clothes off, revealing every sweet, perfect inch of her body for us. I assumed when she agreed to give herself to Kaz, he would block me; push me in to darkness as punishment. Instead I remained; getting to watch my queen, watch over her, because both Kaz and I knew if at any point in time she said no, I would tear our souls to shreds to protect her.

     One would think a man having to watch someone taste his bride's pussy would drive him in to a jealous rage, but Kaz and I don't have such a dynamic. Besides, I was tasting her, too. I felt Kaz's appreciation for every drop of her, and I reflected my own back. She's perfect isn't she, I whispered in to his mind. If pure elation had a flavor, it would be this.

     Kaz agreed by fucking her with his tongue, and then fucking her with his cock. He had no problem sharing this intimate moment with me. We are one, just like we always say, and Eva was completely safe with him, so as long as she enjoyed herself I was happy to come along for the ride.

     And she did. At no point was she in danger of Kaz hurting her. Despite the fact that he's a demon who commanded vast legions in Hell, Eva was in control the entire time. If his grip was too tight on her hair she would whimper and shift her head, and he would uncurl his fingers. If his claws came too close to piercing her skin for her comfort, he'd move them away at her direction. I think after a while she knew this, too, and gave in to their pleasure. My demon and my wife, I was happy that they were happy.

     I must kill.

     Too fucking bad!

     As I lie in bed with Eva in my arms, I realize I might still be a tad mad at Kaz. He snorts in my head but does not push me further. It can wait, Kaz. I brought the man who attempted to assassinate Gisela with us. He sits in Goldstone's jails right now, awaiting execution. I was going to have a public hanging to show the rebels what will happen if they try to come after Eva again, but it might be more fun to give him a sword and have him try to fight you for his freedom.