11.

SYDNEY’S POV

  Hansen was such a kind man! He agreed for her to stay with him until she found a job. Moreover, he was willing to help her get one. Not just any waitress or cleaner job, but a respectable one where she would be paid a lot of money. He even suggested, employing her as his personal secretary, but she refused.

 Sydney didn’t want to divert from her field. She was an actress and will only take a job in that field.

   The first couple of days she spent at his place, she searched through newspapers and the internet, and wrote down every movie audition date she found. Then when her ankle healed, she went to all the auditions but unfortunately got none because most of the judges demanded that she pay money, or strip naked. One man even demanded for sex, which she refused and then ran out of there.

  Sydney came out of the building, heart pounding and sweat covering her forehead. Now she believed what her director had once told her, that a pretty face and good acting skills would not get you a role in the big city. It was all about bribes, connections and sex.   

    Never! She thought and then held her bag tightly to herself.

   As she headed towards the gate, she wondered what she would do now. This morning when she was leaving the house, she assured Hansen that she would move out of his place by the end of the week. That was because she was positive about getting this role, but look how it turned out: very bad.

  Sydney released her hair from its bondage. It fell down her back and she rushed her fingers through it in frustration. At this stage, she was considering that waiter job at the coffee shop, or the cleaner job or any other job that comes with a paycheck.

   Oh dear God, show me the way. Send me a sign that everything will be okay.  

She prayed, while reaching the roadside.   

  A black Bugatti suddenly appeared from the corner and came cruising down the street. Some girls who were standing around gasped at the beauty of the car. A few of them brought out their phones and started taking pictures as it came to a stop right in front of Sydney.

 The glasses rolled down to reveal a very handsome looking Anderson, sitting behind the wheel. He was wearing a black shirt underneath a black leather jacket, black jeans with matching black sneakers and a pair of dark shades over his blue eyes. His golden hair was nicely combed and a well-defined jawline was on full display. One of his hands was on the steering wheel and a golden watch was clasped around it, while the other was lying on his lap.

  Anderson slowly and purposely took off his glasses and his blue eyes met hers. Sydney had never seen a person wear so much black and still looked so beautiful.      

   A smirk formed on his lips and then he said. “Hello, need a lift?”

  Sydney clutched her bag tighter and then replied. “Thank you, but Hansen is coming for me.”

 “He won’t be able to make it.” Anderson said and grinned wider. “That’s why he sent me.” He opened the door and stepped out, his figure towering over hers.

  “He really isn’t coming?” She asked and he nodded. “Alright, let’s go.” He guided her to the other side of the car and opened the door for her. He closed it as soon as she was inside and then walked to his side.

  The girls standing around gasped and smiled at him, but he didn’t even spare them a glance. When he was seated behind the wheel, he corked his head to the side to look at her.

      “Am going to have lunch, do you want to come with?” He flashed her, another smile.

  “Thank you but…”