37.

“Where are you going so early in the morning?” These were the words out of Anderson’s mouth when he walked into Hansen’s room and saw him dressing up.

Glancing at his brother through the mirror, Hansen replied. “I am just going out.” He replied, while buttoning up his shirt. When he was done, he turned to face Anderson that was when he saw him clearly. His eyes were dull and lost its shine. His face, pale and thinner than it usually was. In fact, he had lost weight. Sighing, Hansen felt bad for his brother.  Ever since they left the hospital two weeks ago, Anderson has been living in his house. Hansen did not ask why his brother does not want to go back to his place because he knew the reason. That house held so much memories of him and Sydney and he knew he would be haunted by them if he should step foot in it. Although, Anderson did not want to admit it, Hansen knew he was not living in his house because he wanted to take care of him, as he claimed.

“Already, but you have not fully recovered yet.” Anderson said, taking a seat at the edge of the bed.

“It’s important. I have to handle this issue as soon as possible.” He said.

“Is it about work?” He asked, while rushing his fingers through his hair.

“No, it’s personal.” Hansen threw his brother a sad smile. He would have loved to tell him everything right now about the truth of his mother, the real reason why Sydney left and so on. However, he felt it was not the right time. Things had to be sorted before he could find out.

“Okay.” Anderson replied while lying back in the bed.

As Hansen reached for his car keys, he asked. “So, what will you be doing today?”

“I have an appointment at two. I think I might get this job.” Anderson replied, while Hansen nodded. He fought the urge to blurt out to him that he does not have to worry about finding a job or going broke because he was the heir to Niles Corporates. Rubbing the back of his neck, he said.

“Be right back.” Then he was out of the door.

Hansen got into his car and then started it. While he left the compound of his mansion, he thought to himself. “I am doing the right thing.” Was he? Of course, he was. He had to fix everything. He was going to… because all of this happened because of him. Anderson has suffered a lot because of him since childhood. He did not get the chance to be with his real mother, he has been mistreated for many years and about two weeks ago, he lost the love of his life. Damn it, he hated seeing his brother suffer and this past two weeks has been hell not only for Anderson, but for him too. The poor boy has been going to bars and getting drunk. More than once, Hansen was called to come and pick his completely wasted brother home. Moreover, when he was not drinking and getting super wasted, he either gets into fights or drowns himself in searching for a job.

 Anderson just did not know how to handle his pain.      

Turning into the small parking lot of the café, he searched the place looking for the person he was there to meet. A few meters away, he spotted her. Gosh, she looked as bad as Anderson did. Her eyes were dull and just like his brother she also lost weight. Damn these two were slowly dying without each other.

Hansen parked his car and went over to her. He frowned when he spotted her mother standing by her side. “Good morning,” he greeted. “Thank you very much for coming.” He said and then Adeline nodded.

“We are happy to be here.”

“Please, let’s proceed inside.” He took Sydney’s hand and together, they went into the café.