다섯

Rise and shine, since I have to go to school, in which there is a classroom where I'll meet Mr. Kim Namjoon.

Because my parents paid so many fees and worked their asses off in order for me to come here, I would feel bad if I wasted a day's worth of hard work for my own selfishness, so I just follow up with my usual morning routine and take the bus afterwards.

      »»-------------¤-------------««     

"Good morning, students. Since we have to do a lot this unit, I would like you to get with your partners from Mrs. Lee's class and get to work."

Hold up. When did he assign partners?

I stood there dumbfounded, like a kid who got his ice cream cone pooped on by a seagull flying from above. Great. Now I'm craving ice cream.

Feeling a slight tug on my sweater, my body becomes limp as I'm almost yanked into a man's chest.

The man who this chest belongs to is someone I was hoping it wouldn't be.

"Y/N! I just lightly pulled you!" Namjoon whisper-yells as he peels me off his chest.

"I'm s-sorry, I zoned out for a second," I say, trying to muster up some confidence.

He flicks my forehead and I have to hold my yelp and exhale slowly so that people wouldn't suspect us. "Namjoon, my forehead is not your goddamn target practice."

"Tssht. You deserved it."

I grabbed him by his wrist and snaked my way through the desks and students until we were in the hallway.

"What did you shove up your ass this time?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Namjoon. Why have you been such an asshole to me since yesterday?"

"Flicking someone's forehead because they were being silly is not what I consider being an asshole," he huffs.

"Well I do, because my forehead still stings."

"I can't help the way you feel pain, Y/N. I flick my friends' foreheads all the time and they don't complain."

"Okay, I'm sorry for having a low ass pain tolerance."

I could feel a surge of power running through my veins, but my mind didn't know what to do with my body, so it made my fist hit a wall.

Hard.

"Ouch!" I yelped at the pain in my knuckles which were now scraped and slightly bloody.

"Y/N! Why do you do this to yourself?" Namjoon rushes to my aid, wrapping his arms around my shoulder before grabbing my injured hand.

Suddenly, the classroom door opened, leaving us both frozen in place as my physics teacher stared us down. "What do you two think you're doing out here ditching class?"

"U-Uh, Mr. Choi, Y/N injured her hand. I was just taking her to the nurse," Namjoon speaks up.

"Okay, but you better come back quick, Namjoon. I don't any funny business going happening down there."

"Thank you so much, Mr. Choi!" He bowed repeatedly until Mr. Choi slammed the door in both of our faces.

"You heard the man," He said. "Let's fix your hand."

"I can go by myself, Namjoon," I say while yanking my hand away, still wincing because of the injuries on it.

"No, I'll go with you. I was the cause of your anger, even though I honestly don't really know where I went wrong."

"Are you a-apologizing to me?"

"Don't get your hopes up, Y/N. I may still flick your forehead, but I won't do it as hard next time," he chuckles at me, and I do the same while pushing him away playfully.

When we finally reached the nurses office, he makes sure that she attends to my wounds before deciding to leave. While she was busy applying ointment to my scrapes,

"Oh, I forgot to mention one thing.

You're my partner for this project."

I was left aghast, staring at Namjoon in confusion, but the guy just winked and left the office without saying anything.

Kim freaking Namjoon. Why are you like this?