열넷

"And the team with the best rocket design is Y/N and Namjoon's, which flew a whopping 106 feet! Congratulations, guys! You get extra credit at the end of every unit for the rest of the year!"

Subtle cheers and applause filled the room, but the stares from our classmates still made me uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe it was because Namjoon was the real genius, and cases like this were a constant of reminder of who he didn't have to give the credit to.

"You now have the rest of this period to relax, and we will begin our new units in separate classes starting next week."

The whole classroom seemed to turn into an overly crowded canteen as students swarmed around to find their clump of friends. I just had one friend, and his name was Kim Namjoon.

"It's kinda a bummer," I say, biting my lip.

"What is?" Namjoon asks.

"Next week, we won't be seeing each other anymore."

"Aww, come on, Y/N. You could always treat me to food anytime."

"Shut up," I giggle.

I wasn't lying just now. I just realised how much I actually enjoyed his company during this project, and I've learned that the man I kissed was actually really strong for putting on a playful, somewhat kinky act to forget about the loss of a loved one. Was I possibly developing the hots for him?

"Namjoon, you're a great person, and I don't want to stop hanging out with you."

"Me neither," he smiles.

  »»-------------¤-------------«« 

"Y/N," I have something to tell you," Hoseok tells me.

"What is it?"

"You remember the guy you played the pepero game with at Jackson's before Namjoon?"

I nod, remembering a tall guy with short-ish black hair. "Yeah, why?"

"That was Sehun."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, and he didn't move. You were the one moving closer to him, right?"

"Hoseok, why are you asking me this?"

"Just answer me, Y/N. Please."

"Y-Yes." By now, I was just plain confused.

"That could possibly mean that he's gay! Oh my god, I think I'm the happiest man alive!"

"Hobi," I say, taking my forehead in between my fingers as he pranced around the cafeteria while making various noises.

I laugh along at the head-turning show he was giving.

"What?" He asks when I finally make the initiative and tug at his sleeve.

"He's right there," I dart my eyes over to the same guy I remember.

"Oh! Hey, Sehun. In case you forgot who I am, I'm Hoseok."

Sehun takes his hand and slowly places it into Hobi's for a handshake. I've only seen gay relationships in movies and novels, but now I have something even more entertaining in real life.

"I remember you. We met at the diner, right?"

"Yep. Got that one right."

"Well, it was nice running into you again, Hoseok."

"The same goes for me. Have a good one."

The boys parted, and my friend pranced back to our table.

"How was I?" He asks.

"Pretty good, but are you sure he's gay?"

"That's what I'm going to find out," he says. "Don't help me. You have a relationship of yours to figure out as well," he winks.