열다섯

"You throw great parties, Joonie," I say, sipping the last of my beer. I think that after drinking wine, this stuff seemed pretty manageable.

It wasn't really a party. It was a late-night get together with snacks by his pool, which was kind of like a mini pool party, actually.

Jackson Wang, Hoseok, Sehun, and a couple other people, who I'm assuming were Namjoon's friends, were there, too.

Once no more liquid came out of my brown bottle, I thought about what we could use it for before recycling it.

"What do y'all think about seven minutes in heaven?" I say and elicit many cheers from the people in front of me.

Namjoon was the only one looking at me, laughing at how stupid he thought I was. Still, his opposition to the game wasn't enough to override the votes in favour of playing it.

  »»-------------¤-------------«« 

"So, what do we do now for seven minutes?" Some random dude asks after a boy and girl were sent into the closet.

"We play spin the bottle, of course!" I chirp, spinning the bottle so it purposefully landed on Hoseok.

He eyed me suspiciously before I span it again, pointing to Sehun. I was just trying to help my best friend's ship sail here.

I winked at him and saw the two boys inching closer and closer together until they were both on their knees, noses bumping softly up against each other.

Hoseok's lips trembled as they took Sehun's bottom lip between them, gently holding them there for a good second or two.

"I want to try spinning," Namjoon interrupts, and I hand him the bottle. I could tell he was getting a bit tense, and it was his party, so I let him have his way for now.

Surprisingly, he skillfully twirls the brown bottle around so it lands on both of us. I maybe would've done the same exact thing, so I was confused as to why he wanted to spin it.

Namjoon brushes some silver strands away from his forehead and stands up. Furrowing my brows in confusion, I stay sitting on the ground.

"Y/N, we have to go to the closet now."

"What are you talking about? Seven minutes haven't passed yet!"

"Their time is almost done, and isn't that what you were originally playing?"

Sighing, I get up and follow Namjoon out the door, leaving another girl to take over the bottle-spinning duty. We hide out in another room across the hallway.

"You did that on purpose, did you?" I ask.

"Yes," he said. "I wanted to talk to you."

"What is there to talk about, Namjoon?" I cock my hip. "Are you trying to get at me for trying too hard?"

"No, it's not that."

"It's just that through the time we've spent together, I feel like all the physical contact that we've shared was meant for figuring out who was better at playing our little teasing games.

"But also, during that time, I've come to know that you are a really cool person as well. I just don't want us to end up in a bad place because one of us does something that we regret."

Holy crap, is he friend-zoning me?

"Since our time is running short, to put it simply, I don't want to do anything to you because of a game or setup. I want to do it because it's genuine."

Suddenly, Hoseok opens the door. "You guys done making out yet? Seven minutes are up."

Namjoon flashes me a slight smile before we go back to join the rest of the people.