열둘

"Hey, Y/N!" Hoseok greets me to go to lunch. "Are you going to Jackson's party this weekend?"

"I don't know, Hobi. Parties aren't really my thing."

"Aww, come on, please? I'll need a shoulder to crouch behind in case Sehun shows up."

"Do you know if he even goes here?"

"N-No..."

"Then great. You don't need me."

"But you're my only friend, Y/N," he whines and does aegyo, and now I can't refuse. I know he's gay, but I have a soft spot for puppy eyes no matter who the person is.

"Fine, but what suddenly made you interested in going to this party?"

"Sehun," he bites his lip.

"You're such a weirdo."

"Thanks," he scoffs.

"Anyways, I'll pick you up, yeah?"

"Cool."

»»-------------¤-------------««

The so called Jackson Wang's house looked like a typical high school party described in a drug PSA. Red solo cups were decorating my field of vision and upbeat music was softly playing in the background.

Hoseok and I made our way to the drinks and filled my cup with fruit punch and drank it all like a thirsty vampire, but I wasn't expecting it to be so bitter and heart-burning.

"Did someone spike the fruit punch?" I ask, exposing my tongue to the outside air so the bitterness on it would gradually fade.

"Y/N...that's red wine," he says, eyeing the pitcher it came from. I did the same, and maybe I didn't look carefully enough because the red liquid looked a lot darker than the colour of fruit punch.

Suddenly, a feeling of warmth surged through my veins that was both exciting and comforting at the same time.

"Didn't expect to be seeing you here," a sudden voice booms in my ear.

"Oh, hey, Joonie. How are you on this fine evening?" I ask, raising a brow as I sloshed around the wine in my cup. Then, realising that my red-haired friend was awkwardly standing there, I introduced him to Namjoon.

"I'm sorry for you," Namjoon says and puts a hand on Hoseok's shoulder.

"Hey!" I hiss and slap him on the arm. "That was rude."

"Pssht. What are you doing here, anyways?"

Maybe it was the alcohol, but I was starting to get really defensive as I started to feel myself. "You think homegirl can't enjoy a good party?" I ask, sipping on some wine. I think I got used to the bitterness now.

Namjoon just scoffs and walks away, and then, Hoseok put his hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N, don't," he says sternly. "Show him who's boss."

"Ladies and gentlemen, if anyone wants to join us for our pepero tournament, we'll be starting shortly!" I'm assuming that voice belonged to Jackson, since it was his party, after all.

"You coming, Hobi?" I ask with a smirk on my face. "You might see Sehun."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Oh damn, he's good," a male spectator says as he watches Namjoon destroy the cookie like a fast moving lawn mower. He stopped until there was about a centimetre left until the girl's lips would touch his. For some reason, a queasy feeling erupted in my stomach when I saw him moving closer and closer to his opponent.

Finally, Namjoon broke off a smaller piece, confirming that he was the winner of this round. Guess I'll have some competition.

After a couple more rounds, it was finally my turn, and Hoseok wished me luck before I placed the pepero in my mouth.

Thank goodness that I volunteered at a kissing booth earlier. I was pretty much used to someone's abnormal breath lingering in my nose by now. The guy I played with didn't even move, making it easier for me to win.

"And now, we have our finalists: Y/N and Namjoon!"

Now, this is a party.

We start off by both making slow movements towards each other, feeling the wiggly movement of the fragile cookie between our teeth. Once there was barely any length to spare, I tilted my head sideways as Namjoon placed his hands on my hips, bringing me closer. My hands found themselves gripping the sides of his neck as we stayed still like statues, wondering who would make the next move.

At this point, there was only half a centimetre remaining. The kids surrounding us started cheering and whistling loudly, and I could feel myself sweating from the heat radiating from Namjoon's body as well as the intensity of the situation.

When I heard the cookie snap, I took a deep breath and stepped back, allowing Jackson to see how much was left in our mouths before deciding the winner. "I'd like to say that both of you are very strong players. Well done," he says.

"But it looks like Y/N won by just a tiny bit."

No way. Are you kidding me?

I start jumping around in joy. I don't know why I was happy about winning a kiss game, but I was really happy.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"I beat Joonie, I beat Joonie, I beat Joonie," I say in a sing-song voice to my last pepero opponent. Namjoon decided to go outside for some fresh air, and I, being all hyped up about teasing him for losing, followed him outside.

"Alright, fine. You were pretty good," he admits. "But that was just one game, babygirl."

Something about the way he sexily called me babygirl just had me walking toward him and palming his chest through his red silk button-down. "One game, huh? Wanna play another?"

His breath hitched as I grabbed onto his collar and pull him closer, inhaling the manly scent of his cologne before burying my face in his neck. I started to leave little pecks there, moving up and down the exposed column of skin as I felt his hands on my hips.

"Y-Y/N," he said once I briefly pulled my head away.

I looked at him with a full on smirk plastered on my face. "Now, we're even."

"Oh," Jackson's voice stops us in our tracks. "Namjoon! You never told me Y/N was your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend, Jackson."

"From what I saw earlier, I don't know if I would believe you."

Jackson leaves, and Namjoon follows him, but he whispers something in my ear before going off. "We're never even, babygirl."