Chapter 1:

"Katniss! Wake up! your gonna be late again!" i throw a pillow at the door hoping my mother will go away and leave me alone. i look at the clock and notice i have to leave in a half hour. mehh! i pull myself out of bed and get dressed. i dont usually care about what i wear to school. i brush out my hair and grab my bag. i grab a peice of toast with some butter and run out the door. i dont realize how fast i'm walking until Gale has to start jogging to catch up with me.

"Hey, Catnip!" he says. Gale's always been my best friend. we always walk to school together because we both live in the bad part of town. we make it to school early, but i get distracted when i see Peeta. Peeta Mellark is my boyfriend, we've been dating for 4 years. i think its still a little awkward because Gale is my best friend but Peeta is my boyfriend but i manage to ignore that.

"Hey!" he says,wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me. we walk to homeroom hand in hand as we do everyday. the bell rings and class starts and i start doodling in my notebook. sometimes i draw little scribbles and things. other times i draw Peeta and me. no one knows but i actually have a whole seperate notebook for the drawings so i never get caught with them.

the teacher is droning on about cell division and drawing on the board when a folded piece of paper drops on my desk. its from Peeta, i can tell by the handwriting.

"hey!" it says with a smiley face. i write "Hey" and toss it back on his desk. usually me and Peeta text during class, but last week this teacher caught us so now we just use paper. it falls back on my desk and i open it up under the table. "after school, behind the school." and then theres a winking face. oh gosh. usually Peeta only uses winks when its something private romantic or special. with Peeta, just when i think he's tried everything he always suprises me and proves me wrong once again.  i write "okay! <3" and drop it back. he reads it and smiles. everyone in town knows about us. and they all see us passing notes and texting but they also know about what we do everyday after school. we have to hang out either at my house, behind the school, or in the town square because his mother thinks i'm a slut because of where i live, so she never lets me in their house. the note comes back and reads. "this lecture is boring the hell out of me!" i laugh silently in my head and roll my eyes. i write back "ikr! all she does is talk and talk and talk and blah blah blah! its putting me to sleep!" i toss it back and he catches it. i smile at that. i can see him stifling his own laughter. he passes it back again and says. "class is almost over. text u from US history <3" i nod and smile. 2nd period id the one class we dont have together. so other than that we spend the whole day together. its perfect.

conveniently, the one class i dont have with Peeta, is the only class i have with Gale. minus all the learning stuff, i love school.

i get to my math class and 5 minutes in my phone vibrates. i turn it to silent and read the text.
From:Peeta <3
 Hey, Baby!
i text back  "i hate math..." i turn in my homework and go back to my seat. "yeah History's not exactly my ray of sunshine..." hes so weird. "oh? and at is?" i send back. the reply comes almost immediatley. "You <3" man. hes great with words. one of many qualities i'm jealous of when it comes to Peeta. "aww. thanks! lol i picked up a textbook and its the one from last week where i wrote Katniss and Peeta forever! haha" i press send. i like my new touchscreen phone. it gets rid of the clicking sound the keys made. so its easier to text in class. the reply comes back. "haha. i do that in all my textbooks. lol" wow. he woud. "i wonder what people think when they read tht? not tht i care.. just curious!" send. the teacher calls on me suddenly.

"Katniss! whats the answer?" i say the first thing that comes to mind,

"uhh 24?" i blurt out awkwardly.

"no. you need to carry the seven its actually 25." he corrects me. my math teacher is so oblivious to everthing. if you just give a random answer he buys it and tells you the real answer. thats why this class is such an easy a. oh!Peeta replied. "haha. ther prolly jealous of us, everyone is!" its sorta true. "haha. Mr. Barron is so cluless. i say 24 everytime and he just tells me, good guess and gives me the answer lol." send.