Chapter 6:

the police officer bursts into my room and i motion for Peeta to hide behind the bush out back. im still under my bed and when he lifts the sheets, i shriek.

"what do you have to say for yourself?" he asks.

"i dont know what your talking about. i didnt do anything! what do you want!" i say innocently shouting.

his phone rings and he answers it, turning away from me and my mother slightly.

he turns around and sighs, glaring at me.

"looks like some idiot just paid your bail. but if you try anything ever again your not getting out of it or ill put you in jail for the rest of your life!" he growls through gritted teeth before walking out and slaming the door behind him. i sit on my bed and sigh.

"Peeta! what did you do!" i shout back behind me and i hear him laughing and climbing in my window.

"what do you thinnk i did?" he says sitting next to me and kissing my cheek.

"look Peeta. i promise i'll find a way to pay you back as soon as i can-" my mother starts but Peeta cuts her off politley.

"oh its fine. she was just a suspect, the bail was only 3,000. it was really nothing." he says waving it off with his hand. i smile,greatful that im not getting arrested, but sad that Peeta just dropped so much money on me.

"thanks. but what if it gets around?" i ask nervously.

"nah. it would only spread if you actually made a scene or got arrested. just say what happened to little Rue and say they were asking questions because her and Prim were so close." he says.

"fine. but if one more person calls me a seam slu-" i start.

"they wont. no one does." he says.

"the Careers do. well....they just call me a slut, but same dif!" i say pouting.

my mother leaves and i collapse on my bed. my phone vibrates and i pick it up and read it.

From Gale:
what'd u do now?

i roll my eyes. he probably only asked because he knows me so well, and he lives next door, so he most likley saw the cop.

"why do u always assume i did sumthin!" i text back and he replies almost immediatley.

"cuz most of the time u did do sumthin!" i scowl at my phone and Peeta laughs, laying down next to me and wrapping his arm around me.

"i promise u i didnt kill them!" i text back, hoping he believes me.

"uh huh... self defense or 4 killin Rue?" he asks. i moan angrily

"lil bit a both....now leave me alone! im sad!" i text back and dont get a reply. yes!

"why are you sad?" Peeta asks kissing me.

"im not. i just wanted him to shut up!" i say laughing.

"do you want to be alone, Katniss?" he asks.

"are you stupid!" i say playfully slapping his arm. "your not leaving me now!" i say leaning into kiss him. he kisses me back and the sparks fly, like fireworks going off inside my body.

"i know. i would never leave you!" he says sweetly. i smile. "so have you figured out what your wearing to graduation yet?" he asks. i glare at him and he laughs.

"no. i hate dresses." i say crossing my arms and sitting up.

"but you'll look so pretty! not that your not already gorgeous, but i think you should." he says.  "but you'll look beautiful no matter what you wear." he says.

after that we just kiss until my mom starts yelling at me.

"Katniss? is Peeta still in there?" she asks catiously.

"nope. he left an hour ago!" i say innocently, and continue kissing him.

"okay. just making sure!" she says happily.

"shes so oblivious to everything." i whisper to Peeta.

"should i leave?" he asks softly.

"no. shes leaving and Prims's still not home." i say smiling. he smirks and we continue kissing for a few more hours.

we hear a knock on the door that interrupts us. i look scared and Peeta sits up.

"is that Prim or your mom?" he asks simply.

"no. they never knock. and Gale would have texted if he was coming.i dont know who it is...." i say worriedly.

"okay. just, stay here. i'll go get it, be careful." he says trying to look brave.

i roll my eyes because all hes doing is answering my front door.

he walks out and i hear him open the door and start talking to someone.

suddenly i hear something behind me and when i turn around they lunge at me, laughing maniacally.

i didnt catch who it was but they grabbed me and pulled me out my window.

the last thing i remeber is hearing Peeta scream

"KATNISS! KATNISS, NO!" and then the whole world went black.