Chapter 7:

PEETAS POV
i hear Katniss scream and i run to her bedroom and see thats shes gone. i start screaming her name and pearing out her window when the get to me.

its Cato and Clove. they were who was at the door. i answered it and they started some casual smalltalk and apparently were distracting me so they could take Katniss.

they come into Katniss's bedroom and lock the door. Clove jams the window shut and Cato ties my hands, covers my mouth and throws me in the closet. he locks that as well and they start talking about Gale and Katniss? Gale and Katniss? what does that mean? did they get Gale too?

KATNISS POV
when i wake im in a place i dont recognize.

the walls and floor are made of concrete and im alone. my screams are muffled and all i can think about is what happened to Peeta. who was at the door? and is he coming for me?

theres no doubt in my mind the Careers had something to do with it. but the next thing i see, i was definatley not expecting.

"Hello Katniss."  its Gale. Gale? is he here to save me, or did they get him too? i really want to start cussing and shouting at him why i'm here, why hes here, and what the ehll is going on, but i cant.

he smirks and bends down to my level.

"i waited long enough, dont ya think? but i still never got my chance!" he says his eyes are boring into mine. his usually stern face, more angry theen ive ever seen. "i waited for years. then you chose,  Bread Boy....over me. im still waiting. ive sat patiently and dealt with it for 4 long years.  and you didnt care. blew me off for hunting, making me cheat for you in math. im tired of it and i just have one thing to say...." he says. "i love you, Katniss." he says with sadness and compassion in his eyes.

he uncovers my mouth for me to respond and i stare at him.

"why?" i start. he rolls his eyes before i continue on. "your my best friend! you always support me! you know i love Peeta! but you just keep doing this! you act like your completly fine one second, the next your pissed and not talking to me. and whenever i bailed on hunting? last time you told me to because i was tired. one time Prim was sick. the other Peeta had a broken ankle! and one my mother was too drunk and i had to stay home and watch Prim and Rue. and all the other times, i couldnt leave my house because the Careers were after me and trying to kill me! your my best friend, Gale! your like my brother! and for one, friends and brothers dont do this. and i dont love you!  i love Peeta! and everyone knows that!" i say with a hint of annoyance and anger in my voice.

"fine. then i guess you dont want to know what happened to Peeta." he says tauntingly.

"F*** you Gale! where's Peeta!" i growl through my very gritted teeth.

"i dont think you really care." he says simply.

"WHERE'S PEETA!" I say. and in that moment my strength overcomes everything and i break free of the rope around my wrists. my hands go immediatley to his neck and i start trying to choke him.

someone violently but easily pries me off of him and reties my hands behind my back before leaving.

Gale looks at me and i give hima deadly glare. he laughs and strokes my cheek gently with the back of his hand.

"get the hell off me!" i growl. he smirks and tries to kiss me.  "GET! THE HELL! OFF OF ME!" i scream at him.

"ya know. the Careers arent that bad." he says grinning.

"okay. you wanna be one of them. you just do that. but let me warn you how strong i am. do you wanna end up like Glimmer and Marvel?" i say evily.

"so you did do it?" he says suspiciously.