Chapter 3:

through a combination of using a cell phon, calculator, copying off Gale, and making wild guesses i make it through. i'm still the last one done though. when i turn in my test the teacher gives me a hopeful look. he says he'll grade it and give it to me during my next class, which is study hall. i sit down in my seat in study hall and Peeta looks at me with worry.

"did you get it back?" he asks. i frown and shake my head no.

" sometime this period though." i say. i look around nervously.

"did you cheat?" he asks worriedly. i look at the floor. "Katniss!" he says with an upset tone.

"do you want me to graduate or not..." i say.

" fine. but never do that again. your better than that!" he says taking my hand.

Mr. Barron walks in and hands me my folded test.

"i cant look. here." i say shoving it against his chest. he half smiles and i hear paper shuffling and assume hes looking at it.

suddenly i feel his arms wrap around me. i grab the test and look at it. 90! i got a 90! this is amazing!

"i did it!" i say wrapping my arms around Peeta's neck and kiss him.

this continues for about 10 minutes and i feel so relieved. at lunch i'm lost in a trance and not paying attention to anyone. i feel Peeta shaking my arm and i quickly snap out of it.

"huh?" i blurt out. theyy all laugh slightly.

"what happened to you?" Johanna asks rudely. i roll my eyes, waving off her question.

after school they have grauation rehershal and then Peeta walks me home. i kiss him and say goodbye before he leaves.

i walk in the kitchen and Prim is crying, my mother trying to comfort her.

"Prim, whats wrong." i ask worriedly.

"they got her. they killed Rue... it was that boy Marvel..." she chokes out. i give her a long hug and she tries to force a smile.

i grab my bow, stuff it in my bag and head out for revenge.