Chapter 2:

"Gee! thanks!" i say sarcastically. it did sound sort of rude!

"sorry....when did you go to bed, Katniss?" he asks suspiciously.

"i didnt...i was up studying all night..." i say with an upset tone. he frowns and stops dead in his tracks.

"alright. go to bed. we can go hunt tomorrow morning. you need sleep. go!" he says pointing to my front door. i stomp my foot like a child and whine.

"why!" i start. "i wanna go hunt!!!" i say pouting. he comes over and picks me up. he puts me down on the doorstep and turns to walk away. i huff and kick a rock across the ground and go inside. i fall asleep immediatley but it feels like only 30 seconds when 7:00 comes around.

"Katniss! KATNISS! GET UP!" i hear Prim calling. grr i only had 2 and a half hours of sleep. i make another cup of coffee and stuff the thermos in my bookbag. i sit at the table when Prim and Rue walk in.

"Rue? were you here last night?" i ask. she nods and sits down next to Prim. my mother hands me a piece of bread and i say goodbye before walking out the front door. i see Gale halfway down the path and i go to catch up with him. "Hey..." i say yawning.

"Did you go to sleep like i told you!" he demands.

"Yeah. but only for like 2 1/2 hours.... i'm tired..." i say kicking the dirt weakly.

"I know... no offense but i can tell." he says admittedly. i shoot him a glare but drop it when Peeta comes into view. he comes over to where we are on the path and Gale laughs."lemme guess. the whole time she was "studying" you were up texting her?" he says blaming him for me being tired.

"only to help her stay awake...." he says quietly.

"I dont care.." Gale says walking away.

"we have free time to work in first period so we can pretend to go to the library and go sleep in the secret room." he syas.

"yeah, i'll set an alarm on my phone. we can sleep for 45 minutes and then we have to go back so we dont get caught." i say. sophmore year Peeta found a secret hidden door in the janitors closet. its the empty one that no one uses. its always covered with a broken cart so no one ever sees it. its not very big but it has a table and a few chairs. we're the only ones who know about it we never even told our friends about it. usually we use it to make out during class, but i guess we could sleep in there.

we go along with our plan and after science i go to math to take my test. the test. Peeta gives me a goodluck kiss and we hug before parting ways. i make it to math and sit down next to Gale. he looks confused but i just ignore it and start drinking my coffee. "you look well rested?" he says.

"i caught up on some sleep during science. dont look at me like that." he raises an eyebrow before looking back down at his paper. Mr. Barron gives us 15 minutes to study before the test and i concentrate heavily on my papers. usually i would have gotten a text from Peeta by now but he knows i'm taking a test so hes probably trying hard to resist.

okay. i can do this. name: Katniss.... Everdeen. i scribble down. Date: June 2, 2253. whoo! two down...50 more to go. deep breaths Kat deep breaths! okay number one. What is the estimatedsquare root of 342 to the -10th power divided by the hypotenuse of the following triangle. damn i  screwed.