Chapter 4:

i barge out the door and head to the dangerous street in search of the Careers.

i climb a tree and start spying on them.

i see Rue's little body with a spear in her stomach and with out a though i take my bow and shoot Marvel sqaure in the shaft of his neck.

i did this without thinking and i realize when Marvel goes down, they all look up at me and in another random movement i drop a wasps nest on them, jump from the tree, and sprint off running while the Career begin to get stung and chased by the massive swarm.

i feel bad and hope that Marvel hasn't died. i could be arrested and killed. i cant die! people need me! Prim needs me! Mom needs me! Gale and Peeta need me!

i keep up my fast run and eventually i almost run right into Peeta.

"Peeta!" i say out of breath, grasping his shoulders for support.

"Katniss? What happened! Sweetie are you okay!" he says pulling me into the comfort of his arms.

"Careers...." i choke out, still trying to catch my breath.

"Shhh....Katniss...Shh...come on." he says rubbing my back and leading me somewhere.

i'm too caught up in my fear to pay attention to where he's taking me, i even manage to tune out Peeta's soothing words, knowing they're of no use.

"come on, quick before someone sees us." he whispers softly in my ear. we're behind the school and he is motioning me into the janitors closet out back, and now i know where we're going.

we close the door to the closet and Peeta pushes a cart out of the way revealing the back entrance to mine and Peeta's secret room.

he sits down in the plush reclining chair and pulls me on top of him and into his lap.

"okay... tell me what happened...and dont lie to me..." he says wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek gently.

"Prim....she came home and tol...told me....Marvel...he...he ki....killed....r...r...Rue....." i say, nestiling my head into his chest and trying not to cry.

"what else happened Sweetie...." he asks sadly.

"i.....killed h....him......an....a....and i dropped a wasps nest on the Careers....and i have a bad feeling that it killed one of them....Peeta.... i killed an innocent person..."i say before just letting the tears come down. he eyes show worry and sadness.

"Don't you see....its not safe...this is why i want this aprtment...so i can protect you...."