《Chapter 14》

Breakfast.

I never thought I'd ever appreciate breakfast as much as I did that day.

Zane had cooked, and although I was disappointed that Nya had not, in fact ditched me to build a bazooka arm for him with Jay, the Nindroid's cooking more than made up for it.

My nightmares from earlier and my encounter with Lloyd long forgotten, I wolfed down my portion of the scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages that Zane had prepared for us.

Although, you'd think I'd have more manners being the daughter of a strict cop. Jokes on you, I take after my weird Uncle. Even though we aren't blood related... (A/N: I actually have one of these and if you don't, you should so go get one)

Sure I got some weird looks, but Cole and Kai had eventually challenged me to see who could eat the most the fastest, and I took pleasure in handing their asses to them.

"H-how?" Lloyd questioned beside me, prodding at my stomach that was now bloated. Today will be a good day.

"Don't  poke her," Jay warned, eyes wide. "She might actually expload."

The blonde boy snorted, turning to grin at me before looking back to the ginger. "I don't think exploading people is possible Jay."

"Wanna bet? You didn't think that was possible." I said, pointing to my plate then the two boys I had defeated in food combate, groaning and rubbing their stomachs.

He paused, giving them a slightly wide-eyed look, then nodded. "True, true."

Misako and Wu walked in, holding a cup of tea each, Wu sporting a smug look.

We greeted them with warm smiles as they settled into seats around the table, Misako plopping down next to me.

She raised her eyebrows, taking in the sight of me leaning back caressing my stomach.

"I'm having a food baby." I declared proudly, with a wide grin.

She smiled, nodding. "Oh."

"WUUUU!"

I jumped as I heard the deep hollar from down the hall, clinging to Misako's arm as a furious Garmadon stormed in.

I let go of Koko's arm, covering my mouth to stiffle a snort of laughter.

Garmadon had scribbles all over his face, a vicious prank from his smug little brother. It wasn't even a picture, a silly face, or anything, it was just scribble.

He agressively pointed to his face, eyes popping and teeth gritted. "What is this?!" He demanded.

"You're face." The latter commented, sipping his tea with a smirk.

"Wu, what have you done?" Misako laughed, desperately trying to keep a straight face.

Garmadon sent her a disbelieving look of betrayal.

"Art." He replied, nodding.

Garmadon threw his hands in the air before stomping off, Koko scuttling after him in a fit of giggles.

And then everyone in the dining room erupted into laughter.

💚

It was a cold rainy day, so the Ninja had no training. The three elders had spent most of their time drinking tea in the dining room, like the bunch of teaholics (teaaholics? Tea-a-holics? Tea-aholics?? Tea addicted people- tEA ADDICTS) that they were, while the rest of us spent the day in the Ninja's living room, reading comics, playing board games or the Play Station.

Life is a game and I must win, so they soon learned that Monopoly was not a good idea. I will ruin my opponents.

They handed me a bunch of Batman comics and left me to it while they played Mario cart.

Betrayal. How dare. I wanna play Mario Cart.

I finished the comics before they expected me to, I had learned that Batman, dispite being the saviour of Gotham, evidently is not a good person. I mean, he killed Robin several times and disowned his son because of an accident. But no spoilers, I won't ruin it for you.

I crawled over to them as they played, abandoning Zane as he continued to read his book, resting my head atop of Nya's shoulder as she agressively button-mashed. Soon, it became unbearable, so I opted to watch over a much calmer Lloyd's shoulder.

They were all pretty good players, a hard game if you were a beginner that had a life to live in stead of play video games. Luckily, that didn't include me, I had no life outside of school, so S/N and I often played on our own PS.

I pouted. I wish there was another controller.

Lloyd must've caught it, as he turned his head to me, smiling. And do I also see a blush??

Oh no, he's cute, danGER MY OWN BLUSH ALERT!!

I moved my head away from the close proximity, as he gave me that oh so adorable smile that I adored, trying to hide my flusteredness.

"Bored?" He question.

I nodded in response.

"What happened to Batman?" He asked, leaning back in his green, of corse it's green, bean bag to peek around me at the abandoned comic books.

"I finished them. Batman isn't such a good person. My appreciation for him has dropped severely." I stated flatly.

Lloyd laughed, nodding as he turned back to the game. "Yea, I know."

I flopped on the floor beside his bean bag, staring at the screen from my upside down angle.

Lloyd looked down at me, face covered in amusement with a raised eyebrow. "You alright there?"

"Half left." I nodded.

"Fine, Miss Technical, are you okay down there?" He said, exagerating his exasperatedness.

"Yea, I'm alright." I shrugged smugly.

Lloyd scoffed, returning his attention to the game on the television.

I found myself staring at his side profile contently as he played, he sometimes caught my gaze, and I had to quickly play it off, each time my face heated as he gave me that damn smile.

And I realised that, without knowing, I had become completely enfaguated with him.

Notashortchapterbutaboringonesorrynotsorry