《Chapter 21》

After I had gotten Lloyd to the couch and S/N bombarded him with questions, the blonde had to do an incident report with Dad.

I had to take my sister back to her room, so Lloyd could take off his mask again, and because we weren't allowed to hear. It was all very official.

I had just gotten S/N to fall asleep when Dad poked his head in. He looked absolutely exhausted. He'd had a long day at work beforehand, and then to be woken in the middle of the night and have to deal with an attempted murder? Not to mention he had a busy day tomorrow, with work and another of my sick sister's appointments.

"I'm gonna to take, er, Lloyd, home. I'll be back in a bit." He said, comming over to kiss his daughters on our foreheads.

"Do you want me to take him?" I offered. "I already know where to go, and you don't really like Garmadon... Not to mention this is all probably a really big shock. Plus you look dead inside. And you have a busy day tomorrow." I'd only just gotten my licence the year before, but Dad said I was a good driver.

Dad let out a short laugh, nodding. "Okay fine, I am pretty tired." He gave me a look as we exited the room and walked down the stairs. "Be careful, and no messing around."

"Dad!" I complained at his accusations.

"I'm just saying." He said.

"We're friends! Friends don't do that!"

"Some friends do."

"Father please!" I said exasperatedly.

He laughed again. "Okay, okay." He yawned before kissing my head again. "Be safe kiddo."

"I will." I promised.

He handed over his car keys as we got to the front door.

"Lloyd!" I called. "Come here, Lloyd, come on Lloydie!" I called him as if he were a puppy, finding the whole thing amusing.

He gave me a tired look. "Ha ha, you're funny." He replied, walking over, holding his side.

I grinned back. "I'm hilarious."

He sighed, turning to Dad. "Goodbye Mr L/N, thank you for all your help."

My father nodded in response, still unsure of the once evil Overlord's son being the Green Ninja. "It's my job, uh, sir? Kid? L-Lloyd?"

The blonde boy laughed lightly, shaking his head. "Just Lloyd is fine, Sir."

Dad nodded and I opened the door. "I'll be back in a bit." I said as I lead my injured friend towards my Dad's yellow Mustang.

"I'll be asleep." He responded.

I unlocked the car and we got in, buckling our seatbelts.

Lloyd looked around in awe. "Nice." He said.

I smirked. "This becomes mine when Dad can afford to get his ute fixed." I nodded towards the old, rundown, grey ute on our lawn as I pulled out of the driveway and onto the road.

The boy quickly turned to me, a grin growing on his face. "Hey, Y/N, my dear, sweet Y/N, you know how I love you right? How would you like to be the Green Ninja's personal chauffeur?"

I laughed nervously at his way of begging, his words making my heart flutter and my face heat.

Dammit Lloyd, what are you doing to me?

"I'll have to think about that one." I replied.

💚

The majority of the ride was just Lloyd talking about how nice yet intimidating my family was, with the soft melody of my bipolar music playlist playing in the background.

I was so happy to spend that time with him. The last few hours had been great, appart from my crush being stabbed. First I'd woken up, not from a nightmare for a change, then I'd spent quite some time with Lloyd and he seemed to get along with my family, and he said he loved me, sure he may not have meant it, but he still said it.

I shouldn't let it get to my head...

Too late.

"Y/N?" Lloyd called, dragging me from my thoughts as I drove down the dirt road through the forest leading to the monestry.

"Hm?" I hummed in response.

"Can you pull over?" He asked.

"Oh, yea sure." I replied, pulling the car to the side of the road, looking over at him as I turned the ignition off and he took his seatbelt off "What's wrong? You need a leak?"

He shook his head, looking down at his fiddling hands nervously.

"Then what? Are you okay?" I pressed, tilting my head. "Is your wound hurting?"

Again, he just shook his head. "I've just been meaning to talk to you, but I kept putting it off..."

"You can always talk to me, Lloyd." I said, unbuckling my seatbelt and shifting in my seat to face him as he peeled his mask off. "About anything, I promise. I'm always here to help."

I saw him smile, "I know, thank you."

"So, what is it we need to talk about?" I asked.

He hesitated again, his smile faultering. He looked up, out the windscreen and up at the stars. I could see the conflict in his eyes. He'd begun to shake his leg nervously, and I thought for a second he might've been having a panic attack.

"L-Lloyd?" I reached out to grab his hand, and when I did, he seemed to calm down significantly. "Are you okay?"

He let out a breath that I hadn't even realised he'd been holding. He met my worried gaze with his gorgeous green eyes.

"Y/N, I-I..." He trailed off, squeezing my hand. "I r-really..."

"Go on." I prompted, concern taking over my curiosity.

He sighed, murmering to himself. "Stop being a coward." He scolded himself.

He cursed before turning back to me, cupping my cheek with his free hand and bringing my face closer to his.

My eyes widened, my heart jumping into my throat as he pulled me closer to meet my lips with his own.