《Chapter 26》

What am I doing? What am I doing?! WhatamIdoing?!

I internally screamed at myself as I ran towards the possessed boy as fast as I could.

Cole reached out for me, grabbing at my jumper sleeve, but I managed to somehow dance past him.

Possessed Lloyd was battling with Kai, and at this point, I really had no idea what I was doing. So I tried to tackle Lloyd.

It didn't work, however. I bounced off of his body like a pigeon on a window, falling onto my back painfully.

I groaned in pain, rubbing my spine as the boy turned around, dark eyes narrowing in both amusement at my failed attack, and agitation at my existance when he saw me on the ground.

"You." He growled, and the amount of pure hatred that leaked into the tone made my heart shatter as I watched Lloyd's lips form those words.

"Give Lloyd back!" I demanded, greatful that I sounded stronger and more pissed off than I felt.

I was terrified.

He let out a short, disbelieving laugh as he picked up the wind around us, forming a sort of tornado to keep everyone else out, the strong current of air batting Kai away.

I gulped, stumbling to my feet. "Y-you can't hurt me." I mumbled, more to reassure myself than threaten him.

"Oh?" He smirked, advancing and pulling out his sword from it's houlster. It was silver, not gold. Okay, so my dream doesn't take place here and now. "And what makes you think that?"

"I have powers too, a-and I know how to use them." Well, sort of.

Not really...

I'm dead...

He laughed arrogently, "I am still stonger than you, little one."

I scowled. I'm not that short!

Instead of answering, I raised my hands, standing in a pathetic attempt at a combat stance, focusing on trying to dissipate the wind around us.

I could vaguely hear the cries and screams of the others outside, calling my name and yelling about someone called... Morro? Is that the guy possessing Lloyd?

"Morro?" I breathed, eyeing the tornado surrounding us through my hair as it whipped around my face.

He chuckled darkly, "That's me." He pushed his hand out in front of him, his fingers splayed as wind rushed from his palm and towards me.

But I wasn't blown off my feet.

Pain shot through my ribcage, and I looked down in horror, stumbling back and losing my concentration on my powers.

It was a sword. A silver sword. The one that had previously been in Morro's grasp. Lodged into my ribcage. Looking up in panic, I stared wide-eyed at him.

This is different, this isn't from my dream!

"Lloyd..." I breathed, my voice raising in pitch as I finished with a, "No..."

Morro smirked coldy at me, shaking his shaggy haired head. "No more Lloyd. He's gone."

"Whhh-" I wheezed as he stomped over and roughly pulled the sword out of my ribs. I stumbled back again as he jabbed at me, this time the blade embedded itself into my hip, just beside the bone. Just like in my dream. What's going on?

"Why?!" I screamed. "What-"

"Because you're a threat." Morro growled in response, pulling the sword back and watching me fall as I pushed my hands to my stab wounds, my vision fading as I hit the ground. "I can't do what I need to with Lloyd fighting to get back to you lot." He turned his head towards an especially loud scream from an extremely pissed off Kai. "Now it's their turn. Have fun dying and all that."