《Chapter 27》

Oml, I went to the library & they have a lego exhibit, & they had Kai & Cole, & for some reason Kai had no pants on

I sat on the edge of his bed, in the corner of his room, looking down at my lap as I fidgeted with my fingers.

Nothing was okay.

My eyes were tear stained and everything hurt, emotionally, mentally and physically.

Garmadon and Wu had instantly bombarded me with questions when I revealed my powers to them, and when I couldn't answer those questions, they scurried off to research. Misako had just stared wide-eyed at me for a while before announcing that she had a headache and needed a nap.

So that left me here and now, in Lloyd's room, mourning and pitying myself.

I lay down on his bed, pulling the blankets to my chest and snuggling my face into his pillow, inhaling his scent.

I missed him. I missed his so much already.

I sighed, drifting into a restless sleep with Lloyd's smell around me.

And, for the first time in a while, I saw my nightmares again.

💚

We'd gone back to Steep Wisdom to salvage what we could.

Whilst Misako had driven us to Wu's business, Garmadon sat in the back with me and filled me in on what I'd missed out on after I'd been stabbed.

R.I.P to the S.F.N.P.S.

We'd crashed into the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere, Zane managing to catch me as the Bounty fell from the sky so I wouldn't be squished. I need to thank him for that. I liked pancakes, I didn't think I'd very much enjoy being one though.

When I'd asked about the mission Wu had mentioned, Garmadon told me that the Ninja had gone to find a scroll about Airjutzu or something.

I don't understand this Ninja stuff.

They still had no clue as to why I just spontaneously got powers, nor why my abilities still worked while the others' were gone because of Lloyd being possessed.

But whatever, I guess.

Now we were packing up tea and cleaning bits of rubble, broken wood and shattered glass off the floor. We picked up fallen shelves and started to rebuild the store. Slowly, we salvaged what we could and started again with the rest.

"What's up, losers?"

I turned my head, dropping back onto the balls of my feet from tiptoeing to reach a shelf.

A smug, middle-aged man confidently waltzed in as if he owned the store, his face barely hidden by his maron coloured rice hat.

I frowned. Who is he?

Garmadon came out of the back room with Wu, and Misako stopped sweeping as they observed the man with the steampunk eyepatch.

"No wonder you've got no customers." He grumbled. "The first problem here, is that you've opened a tea shop in the middle of the dry season! Water's at a premium." He plucked a container off the nearby shelf that I'd just restocked, tossing it between his hands. "Then the name - Steep Wisdom - more like Steep Debt. Where are the customers?"

Wu and Misako shared a confused look while Garmadon and I both scowled. Get ready to throw some hands, stranger.

"Who is this srange fellow?" Wu mumbled to his brother, who shrugged in response.