Chapter One

| Welcome! This is my second story on Wattad, and I would love feedback on this and my other one, "Gold". It's a skylox drabble for those who like the ship! This will be my first merome, this kinda popped into my head when I was thinking of ideas for another story. This does take place in Minecraftia, I just call them by their real names here. I hope you like it, shoot me a review if you do. :) Also, A/N's are bracketed by these: | so you guys can distinguish. On with the story! |

'I had to find you, tell you I'm sorry. Tell you I set you apart.'

-The Scientist; Coldplay

Chapter One

A woman, in her thirties, entered a laboratory far underground. She was dressed in a long white coat with black dress pants and shoes, and had a pair of glasses perched on her face. Bright cyans examined the room with a dull look.

Machinery was placed randomly around a tall, glass chamber. Inside, slumped against the wall, was a young man. He had carmel colored hair and fair skin, paired with freckles on his shoulders. All he wore was a pair of grey boxers, and his eyes were shut. A tube was injected in his arm, running through the glass and into a machine with a clear liquid in it.

The woman presses a button on said machine, which causes it to pump a short spurt of the liquid into the boy. He awakes suddenly after, chocolate brown eyes snapping open.

"Awaken, my creation." The woman walks close to the glass, observing the man. "How do you feel?"

The man pauses a moment, registering what she said. Creation? No, he was a live Bacca, with friends and family. He was NOT a creation. But he sighed. No need to pick a fight with the lady, at least til he was free.

"Jerome." He mumbles, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Excuse me?"

"My name is Jerome. And I feel weird. Colder."

The woman snickered. "I assume Baccas had a higher body temperature than humans?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What are you getting at, lady?"

"Have you looked at yourself?" She asked, walking around the chamber. A sinister smile appeared on her red lips.

Jerome looked at himself, eyes wide. No fur. At ALL. What happened to him?!

"What the hell, lady?! Where's my fur?"

"I have sent a word to your friends on where to find you. Your transformation is complete, you have no memory of your conversion. You are human, and I hope you have a good night's sleep."

Before Jerome could protest, she pressed another button on the machine. Another spurt of the liquid entered the man's system, and he became dazed. He collapsed on the ground, out cold.

"Sleep tight, little Bacca. Agent Reynolds, see that he's unhooked from the machine and taken to the co-ordinates on the letter. Oh, and clothe him."

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

Mitch sighed as he checked off another area on his map. Most of them seemed to have been checked off already, and he acknowledged this with a dull frown.

He looked terrible. His checkered hoodie was in disarray, his undershirt splotched with dirt smears. His hair seemed spikier than normal, some matted with sweat on his forehead. His pants had at least three medium sized holes: one at his left knee, his right, and another closer to his ankle. His face had a streak of mud on his chin, paired with a cut on his lip. His eyes were dulled, pulled down by dark bags from staying up most nights.

Mitch folded the map and slipped it into his bed side table drawer, sighing. It has been 6 months since Jerome disappeared, and everyone had given up hope. Except him, of course. He had been searching day and night (Thanks to the help of his weapon Betty, keeping him safe from the skeletons and zombies when the sun went down.) He was now was going to take a shower and stay in tonight at the suggestion of his friend Adam, who was worried that the poor man was gonna pass out from exhaustion.

After about half an hour, the bajan came out of the bathroom with a towel around his head and a pair of pajama pants on his legs. The dirt was gone, showing his tan skin contrasting against the whiteness of his towel turban. His toffee colored eyes scanned the room before he simply flopped on his bed, a twin mattress with a light blue comforter marked with the image of his diamond axe. It had been a house warming gift from Jerome...

Jerome. His partner in crime. His heart ached at the mere thought of his missing friend. It makes total sense that Mitch would still be looking while everyone else halted their search. He needed his Bacca, his partner.

Another sigh escaped his lips, and he shut his eyes. He would entertain the thought of his Biggums later, when he was well rested; At least, rested enough to search for his lost friend more. He soon drifted off into the land of dreams, a tear falling down his cheek and a lone thought in his mind.

'I'll find you, Jerome.'