Chapter Eight

| lmao the comments you guys leave. Having first comment isn't an achievement unless there's like a hella ton of them. But it's hilarious to see!

Goals: 35 votes and 15 comments? I think we can do!

Be sure to let me know how much ya love this chap! |

"Running in circles, coming up tails, heads on a science apart."

    - The Scientist: Coldplay

The plan was simple. Tyler was going to take them in as test subjects he captured, and was supposed to cause a distraction as Jerome and Mitch located the bacca essence. Once found, they had to place their brewing stand and make the potion before Jeanine found out it was missing.

As it was almost night, they got Brotato set up in Jerome's room to sleep and had a little alone time by theirselves. Mitch had decided on a little stargazing while Jerome was taking a shower.

As he sifted through his thoughts, they kept going back to his best friend. He was so glad to have him back. The past few months had been agonizing without his buddy, and it felt complete to have him by his side...

Thinking of Jerome as a friend, however, felt weird. It didn't fit. Friends, especially male ones, didn't share a bed or cuddle up together. They had a lot more contact than platonic friends. Was it possible that they were more?....

Mitch wasn't gonna deny it. He liked the thought of him and Jerome as a couple; Waking up in the morning to see his bac asleep, winning the hunger games over and over, having double dates with skylox. Even the thought of his lips on his...it was enough to make his heart beat erratically. No, Jerome wasn't a friend...to Mitch atleast. He had feelings for him.

Now isn't the time to act on it though, he thought sadly, sitting up in the grass and sighing. We have a mission to carry out. And he probably doesn't feel the same anyways. Last time I heard, he was straight.

He heard the front door shut behind him, and he turned to see Jerome waliing to where he sat. Since he had to borrow some of the benja's clothes, and Mitch had a little less meat on him than Jerome, the shirt was tight across his chest and the bottoms hung onto his legs nicely. Mitch tried not to stare.

"Hey biggums!"

"Hey there, benj. Stargazing?" He settled next to Mitch, legs crossed and hands in his lap.

"And thinking." Mitch added. "Not really important though. Just silly stuff."

"Ah. Are you sure the plan will work tomorrow?" Jerome asked, looking up at the sky.

"It should! I miss my furry bacca!" Playfully,  he poked Jerome's arm. "I'm sure you miss your fur too, right?"

"Yeah...Would you mind, though?"

"Mind what?"

"If I didn't have any fur. Or wasn't a bacca at all."

Mitch hadn't thought about it, really. What if his friend couldn't change back? Or the essence had been destroyed before they could reach it? Silence consumed the two as they watched the twinkling stars above.

"You'll still be Jerome. That's enough for me." Mitch said finally. "I would rather have you human than have you dead."

Jerome smiled lazily, looking over his friend. "You don't know how great it is to be back. I missed you lots."

The canadian silently praised the dark, because only here would he not see his red face. "I missed you too, biggums. It was hell without you."

Jerome looked over at Mitch, frowning. He hadn't of thought of how bad it was for Mitch. They had never been seperated like that before, for such a long period of time. Even thought he wasn't conscious at all during the time, it left an empty feeling in his stomach.

"Never again. Hell is a thing for vile creatures to go through, not a bacca's benj." His arms around Mitch in comfort, his cheek pressed against his shoulder.

At this, the benja sighed and leaned back into the touch. He was dying to say three words, but he knew it wasn't the time. It could wait.

"I'm heading towards the couch. Gonna let you rest up for tomorrow in your own bed. G'night." Jerome let go of Mitch and sauntered back into the house. The sound of crickets kept the canadian company as she curled up and said the words he wanted to say so badly.

"I love you."

---

The day had come.

Mitch set out early to visit Adam and Ty because he needed three diamonds to make Jerome a Betty. He was sure the half stack of gold and a whole stack of Iron would be enough payment. Hopefully they had went mining yesterday.

With that thought, he knocked on the door.

A bleary eyed Ty answered, only in his pajama bottoms. "...Mitch?"

"I need three diamonds. Please? I've got some Iron and Go-"

"BUDDER.  IT'S BUDDER." Adam had somehow popped up (in the same state as his boyfriend) and wrapped said man in an embrace. "But anyways, yeah, you can have some. You owe me though. Even with the budder."

Mitch chuckled. He didn't know how a person could get up at 6 am and be so cheerful.

Thy made their trade and soon he was back home. Tyler was awake and at the kitchen table, trying to snap himself out of the groggy stupor he was stuck in.

"Is Jerome up?" Mith asked quietly.  They needed to prep for their trip, and there was no room for laziness.

"Nah, he's still asleep. You should wake him up if we want to atleast have the base in sight by nightfall."

Mitch nodded,  and walked into the living room. Jerome was lying down, cheek pressed against the cushion and arm hanging off the side. He had taken his shirt off during the night as well, and the benja could feel a blush slowly crawl up his neck.

He gently shook him on the shoulder. "Dood, get up. We gotta suit up."

Jerome groaned, head moving to look up at his friend. "Miiiiitch. Sleep."

A laugh bubbled up to his mouth. "Come on. You wanna be a bacca or nah?"

After more relentless prodding, he was up and clothed, fumbling through the chests they had for some weapons and armor. He found a full set of iron for himself and Tyler, plus an iron sword and a diamond one. He decided to give the iron one to Tyler.

After a lengthy morning of suiting up and grabbing the supplies needed,  Mith decided they were ready.

"Lead the way, Tyler! Let's go make Jerome a bacca again!"

| Merry Christmas!  Here's a chap for you doods! |