Chapter Three

| I got a follower! :D I'm happy, it's just one but I'll remember them when I get 100 followers. But anyways, not sure if anybody's reading this, but I have Freshmen Orientation on the 22nd, so I may not post cause of nerves. (It's gonna be the very first time I walk into the Highshool!) I hope you're liking the story, I'm pretty proud of it to be honest. On with the chapter! |

(okay so no more lyrics til some are relevant)

Chapter Three

When Jerome woke, he couldn't open his eyes. It's must have been some sort of chemical they injected in him.

A soft, familiar voice cut through his thoughts. "You are locked in a cage. Your friends know where you are, and they're coming to get you. There is a chest in your cell. It contains food, since you'll be hungry, and a sword to defend yourself with. You will awake in approximately 8 hours."

A short, sharp pain entered his arm, and he was out in seconds.

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

Hot waves of sun hit the armored duo as they hopped from tree to tree. Sky had suggested it, since Skeletons hiding in the shade could easily hit them on foot, not to mention that it was faster. They spent the morning an part of the afternoon traveling. Adam was exhausted and a bit hungry, so he called out to Mitch.

"Mitch! Want to stop? I could grab some wood and cobblestone, fix up a furnace and hunt. I'm starving!"

The Canadian paused his movements, gazing up to peer at the sky. Heat rolled off them in waves, causing sweat to dampen his brow and under his armor. He wouldn't mind taking a break, stripping off his protection and finding a lake to swim in. He nodded to the commander, jumping down from his tree and earning a little bit of damage. He heard Sky land beside him and start cutting down a tree with his axe. He pulled out a pick and went to find some stone to mine.

Soon, the boys had a crafting table with a furnace, which was baking up some charcoal. Adam took this time to go kill a cow or a pig, disappearing from the Benja's view.

Nearby, a pond was surrounded in trees. Mitch spotted it and took off his armor, wading in and feeling the coolness run over his form. A contented sigh left his lips. He fell back into a sitting position to better enjoy his rest.

Most days, he wouldn't be so chill about stopping his search, but today was different. Today, he knew where Jerome was, and he was going to bring him home. This made him feel elated, almost to the point of crying. He was sure tears would ensue once the Bacca was found.

He wondered who sent him the note, and if they had any say in the care of his buddy. Was he comfortable? Did they give him something to eat or something to hunt food with? Did he have shelter, just in case that he and Adam came when it was dark?

He shivered. What if he wasn't safe? What if a zombie got to him when it was dark? What if he was turned into one and killed? He hoped not. But just in case...

"Adam, hurry up! We need to get to Jerome before dark!" Mitch shouted, pulling himself up and out of the pond. He was thoroughly soaked and his clothes dragged a bit, but it would help with the heat.

Sky returned quickly at the call of his friend, raw steak in tow. "Alright! Once the steak cooks, we're on our way."

Mitch prayed that Jerome could hold tight til he and Adam reached his location.

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

A cage sits in the middle of a forest. The sides are made of iron bars and both the ceiling and floor are stone. Jerome lays on the ground, in the middle of the floor next to a chest.

He curls up on his side, still lost in dreamland. Instead of his half naked state, he wears a long sleeved shirt with blue jeans, a little too big for him.

A gentle breeze brushes by his ear, and he wakes suddenly, eyes snapping open. He sits up, observing his surroundings with a dazed look. he notices the chest next to him, and opens it. He remembers the contents easily.

Pulling out three steaks and a stone sword, he closes it and leans against it. He notices that the only exit out of his prison is an iron door, and the lever to open it is outside. He sighs, pulling his knees to his chest as he wondered when his rescue party was coming.

A plethora of questions came to mind. Why did they convert him into a human? And why him? Baccas weren't very common in the over-world, in fact, most kept to themselves and shied away from humans. Maybe it was because he was more interactive and comfortable with humans? Another sigh bubbled to his lips and he pushed the thoughts away. He would worry about it later, when he was home.

He wondered if he was gone long enough that home changed? A hand went through his hair, spiking it a little. Was Mitch still there? Was he okay? Oh jeeze, what if he was dead? He felt the prick of tears in his eyes. No, he hoped not. Again, he cleared his mind of those poisonous thoughts and set to trying to reach the lever.

First, he tried reaching with his hand, but the bars blocked him and he couldn't get his hand through. He then tried his sword, but that didn't help at all and it just fell through them, landing off to the side on the grass. He cursed quietly, sitting next to the entrance an contemplating how he was to get out.

Then he heard footsteps. Somebody was coming!

He quickly hid behind the door, breathing heavily. Oh Notch, what if it was a skeleton? Or a zombie? Zombie was definitely worse than a skeleton. Usually, you were turned into one and murdered by sunlight, never to respawn. Getting shot to death was different- Wait, he could hear voices!

"They put him in a cage!" a faint voice, a man. It sounded familiar, but he couldn't distinguish it yet.

He heard the steps pick up speed until they were right outside the door. Jerome gulped, not knowing if it was friend or foe.

"H-Hello? Who's there?" Jerome asked, keeping himself hidden.

There was a pause. "Jerome?"

Mitch. Oh, it was Mitch! He threw himself to the bars to see his face, relief flooding his system as he saw that his close friend was okay and unharmed.

"Mitch!" He sighed out, grabbing the bars. "Notch, get me out! I missed you so much!" He was a bit surprised to say that out loud, but he dismissed the feeling.

The Benja looked Jerome up and down. "Is...That you? Are you Jerome? You don't look like him..."

Jerome's face fell. He was human. He looked nothing like the Bacca he was. That was the fluffy Mitch remembered.

"It is. This woman, she turned me into a human and I don't know why. I don't even remember any of the process, I just remember going to sleep." Jerome replied.

Mitch looked confused. "How could you not remember? Jerome-"

Adam suddenly broke trough the trees. "Mitch, didja find him?! You just ran and I couldn't-" The commander all at once saw the scene before him, and looked just as confused as Mitch.

"Jerome?"

Said man nodded in reply. "Let me out, and I'll tell you everything I know."

| here's another chapter! I hope you his are liking the story! Review if you are and tell me what you like! :D |