Chapter Seven

| the faster we hit these goals, guys, the faster you get your chapters! C'mon guys, I would really love to see your opinions on this story and chiz.

Goals for this chapter: 19 total votes, 4 total comments

Let's do this! |

Mitch crouched beside the hole, looking inside at the person quizzically. Surely any sane human would check to avoid such traps, right? He thoughts this as he examined the garb of the being: camouflage clothing with boots and a helmet and a backpack, glasses perched on his nose, a scared look in his eyes as he met the gazes of the two men. Mitch thought he looked like a soldier of some sort.

"D-Don't hurt me!" The man cried. Jerome cringed a bit at the sound of his voice: nasally, and spoken in a low pitch. It didn't pair well with his ears.

"We're not gonna hurt you unless you give a reason. Would you like some help?" Mitch asked, and the prisoner gleefully nodded. Both the used-to-be-bacca and Benja extended an arm down for the soldier to grab, and with teamwork, they were able to pull him up.

The unknown adult sighed in relief. "Thank you. I thought I was gonna die down there."

At this, Mitch chuckled. "A silly assumption for somebody of your caliber. What's your name?"

He pushed up his glasses. "Uh, Tyler, but my friends call me Munching Brotato or just Brotato."

"Well, hi there, I'm Mitch, sometimes called BajanCanadian, and this is Jerome." The Benja gestured to himself and then to his companion.

"Jerome?" The soldier's face drained of color. "I really shouldn't be here-"

Mitch regarded him with a quizzical look. "Why?"

"I just shouldn't, uh-" The young man started to back away from the pair. Said pair exchanged a look.

"C'mon dood, we don't bite. You look hungry, why don't you join us? We can get you some food." Jerome said warmly.

Tyler hesitated, gripping the backpack on his shoulder. He glanced nervously from Mitch's face to Jerome's.

"...O-Okay..."

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

Luckily, before they reached the house, they happened upon a herd of cows. Mitch felt better about feeding their guest now that they actually had something to cook. It was hard to make anything with what they had currently.

Speaking of the present, the caramel haired man was making steak and listening to the conversation taking place at the kitchen table.

"Where ya from?" Jerome prodded lightly, sitting across from Tyler at the table. The boy grinned slightly at the question.

"Ender Eye valley."

Jerome's face kept a constant friendly expression. "Ah, it's pretty there this time of year. Did you get drafted or something?"

His face paled a bit, but he replied in a shaky tenor, "Something like that I guess..."

Mitch listened with a quiet demeanor as the two men conversed. He wondered why Tyler was so antsy when they met him at first. He had noted that he was only like that when Jerome's name was mentioned.