Chapter Nine

( hey hey hey! Guess who finished her first story???? It's called Hallelujah and it's a skylox if you want to check it out. Feel free to!

Also: A new merome story is coming out too! I've decided to wait till thwus story is over first, but I will say that it's based off the Endstone parody. ewe I am really excited about it honestly since I drew the cover and stuffs.

But enough rambling, leggo with the story! )

Their journey was a long one. Tyler was conpletely silent for a long time as they passed cities and deserts and savannahs, a map in hand to guide him. By the time the sun set, they had made monumentous progress.

"Okay, we're about five miles from the facility. Do you want to keep going or stay here and rest?" Tyler asked. Jerome, by now, was leaning on Mitch, and said Benja looked quite tired.

"I think it would be best to rest. We are all tired from walking and jumping and running-"

"I didn't mean to shoot the damn wolf, Mitch. I didn't even think I would hit him." Jerome groaned. "I want to sleep pleeease."

Tyler chuckled. "Alright then. Let's set up camp, and when we're finished I'll give you an overview of what we're going up against."

The trio began building a shelter out of dirt, and putting beds inside. It was a big shelter for only a night, but then again, they had three beds to accommodate. Once finished, a furnace was placed and filled with firewood to supply warmth and they sat around it as Tyler began.

"The soldiers guarding the facility aren't regular soldiers. It's a mix of highly trained minecraftians and tamed zombies. It is tightly secured, and the zombies are trained to bite potential infiltrators on sight. And everybody knows what happens if you get bit; you're converted and doomed to being controlled by Jeanine." He started drawing a circle in the dirt, making a spoke in ut every once in a while. "See those spokes? Those are the watch towers. You can see atleast a mile away from the top, and if there's anything that looks remotely like an attack, they have to send a team to make sure. Therefore, we will probably have a run in with some before we even get close. Tomorrow, I will make it look like you're prisoners; I'll take your swords and any other weapons and keep them with me. Once we're inside and the patrols are few and very spread out I will give them back. You guys need to hide once you get your weapons back. If not, a patrol will see you and you'll have a horde of zombies on your tail."

"Just like the hunga deans." Jerome chuckled, grinning. "We got this, Mitch."

"Yeah, just like it, except if you get turned you won't turn back." The boy rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I'll get directions to Jeanine, lucky for you I have to return that file on Jerome directly to her so I'm authorized to get that information. After that, I'll find you guys. I will distract Jeanine, and I know that the bacca essence is in-"

"The main lab. It said in the papers." Mitch interjected.

"Right! You have five minutes tops to grab it and brew that potion. Once it's brewed, Jerome, drink the potion. I don't know if you'll be in pain or not, but in the case you are, Mitch, carry his furry ass back to base."

"What about you, dood?"

"I'm going back to Ender Eye Valley. I'm gonna lay low there and find a job, probably stay with a friend." Tyler sighed. "I'm probably gonna have to go by a different name too. I don't know. I might be jailed. But don't worry about me, okay?"

A surge of pity welled inside Jerome. "If you ever need us, you know where we live man."

Tyler smiled sadly in reply. "We need to rest. Be up early in the morning."

They got in bed, Tyler on the far right and Jerome in the middle. Mitch turned towards Jerome before they went to sleep.

"Biggums?"

"Yeah buddy?"

"Do you think we'll get your essence back?"

There was a pause in the darkness.

"Maybe. Depends on how things play out. Go to sleep, we'll worry about it in the morning."

As the canadian shut his eyes, he felt a pair of lips press against his forehead. He turned crimson at the touch, unsure of how to react.

"Goodnight, Mitch."

"...Goodnight, Jerome."

( sorry it's short! I'll try to update more.)