Mission: Date

*Connor's POV*

       " Connor!" Hank yelled snapping his fingers infront of my face.

       I quickly turned my attention to him, " Yes, lieutenant?"

     " Get your batteries checked or somethin', you keep spacing out." He said looking back to the monitor on his desk.

     " Sorry lieutenant." I said looking back to my own monitor. We were reviewing today's case, making sure everything was logged correctly. But all I could think about was (Y/N).

     " Lieutenant?" I said lowering my voice. He looked up at me, waiting for me to speak. " Can I ask you something?" Hank leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. " What kind of flowers does (Y/N) like?"

     Hank frowned at me, pressing his lips into a thin line. " Why?" He said slowly.

     " Human protocol entitles the male, that being me in this situation, is supposed to bring the female, that being (Y/N), flowers when escorting them on a romantic evening." I said matter-of-factly.

     Hank squeezed the bridge of his nose and sighed, " English Connor, for fuck sakes."

       " I'm taking (Y/N) on a date tonight and I'd like to get her flowers." I spoke less defined.

     "Huh." Hank said screwing up his face, " And she agreed to this?"

     I nodded, " She said she'd love to actually."

      A small smile spread across Hank's face. He shook his head and chuckled. " Fuckin' kid loves a robot." I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Hank waved his hand at me, dismissing his remark. " Blue roses. She likes blue roses." He said getting back to work.

     I smiled. " Got it, thanks Hank." He grinned.

~*~

     I stood outside (Y/N)'s house, a dozen blue roses in my hand. I fixed my tie before climbing the few steps to her front door. I gently knocked on the door, awaiting her to answer. I hid the roses behind my back so I could surprise her.

     After a few seconds, the door opened. (Y/N) stood there wearing a beautiful blue off the shoulder dress that fell just above her knee. It was fitted at the waist and flared out at the bottom. Her hair fell just below her neckline in soft curls. I hadn't realized I was staring so intently until she spoke. (*see picture below*)

       " Is it too much?" She asked, looking down at herself

     " N-No." I stuttered, " You look beautiful (Y/N)."

     She blushed, trying to cover her face with the door. I cleared my throat and pulled the roses out from behind my back, " These are for you." I smiled handing them to her.

     She gasped, " Oh, Connor. They're beautiful." She quickly wrapped her free arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waist hugging her back. " Thank you." She whispered in my ear.