Dusty Case

*Connor's POV*

     When I got back to Hank's after my date with (Y/N), I was relieved to find him sleeping. I knew he would ask how it went and I didn't want to tell him it ended on a sour note. I sat down on the couch. Gavin's words rang through my head, 'I hope that kiss was just as enjoyable'. I rested my head on the back of the couch, switching my focus to the ceiling. No matter how much I thought about it, it just didn't make sense. Why would she let him kiss her? I could feel my heart sink, it felt like a knife had been shoved through it. I closed my eyes and went into low power mode. I didn't want to think about it anymore..

*~*

      The next morning Hank and I got to the station early, for once. We were barely there ten minutes when a file was handed to Hank. A homicide, a man had been killed, unknown motive but thought to have been involved with red ice.

      Hank shook his head, " Always with that fucking powder. Come on Connor, we got a case to solve."

    I nodded and followed him to his car. The drive took about fifteen minutes, and we rode in silence. Thankfully Hank wasn't in the mood for small talk, then again he usually never was.

     Once we arrived at the crime scene, we weren't surprised to see paparazzi surrounding the sidewalk. We got out of Hank's car and walked past them, ignoring their gazes and constant questions.

     Inside the house was very grim and dirty. The floor had dirt and dust all over it, and the walls had stains of all colors. The furniture wasn't much better, pieces missing from the couch and overturned tables. It wasn't hard to see a struggle had happened here.

     The victim was lying on his stomach in the living room, just before the hallway leading to the bedroom. I knelt down on one knee next to him. His throat had been slit, I looked to Hank to make sure he wasn't watching me. He always found it disgusting when I analyzed the blood samples at the crime scene. I touched the blood on his neck with my fingers and touched them to my tongue.

Fredrick Russo
Born: February 14, 2019
Deceased: February 20, 2039
Blood: >12 hours
Criminal Record: Possession and trafficking of Red Ice..

     " The victims name is Fredrick Russo. He bled out from his throat being slit, died roughly 12 hours ago. He had a criminal record for the possession and trafficking of Red ice. He just turned 20 last week." I shared my analysis with Hank.

      " My guess is, he either owed someone money, crossed the wrong person or couldn't keep his mouth shut." Hank snorted in disgust.

     I looked around the room and began to reconstruct the scene. There was no sign of forced entry so the killer was already in the house or they were know to the victim. They were sitting in the living room when the coffee table was turned over. The victim tried to flee to the bedroom and was grabbed from behind by the killer. The killer then slit the victims throat and let him drop to the floor. Leaving him to bleed out.

     I shared my theory with Hank. He agreed it sounded plausible, now we just needed the murder weapon.

     " Hey guys, I think I found your murder weapon." One of the crime scene investigatirs called out to us. He had rolled Fredrick's body over to put him in a body bag when he discovered the knife under the victim.

    " Nice work Adam." Hank said patting him in the back.

     Once we had the evidence bagged and crime scene swept over we went back to Hank's car.

     " So, you going to leave me hanging all day or what?" Hank chuckled, closing his door.

     " What do you mean Lieutenant?" I asked, confused.