A New Beginning

*Your POV*

     The last few days were rough, but the pain I was in now wasn't much better. It's very difficult to get comfortable when your ribs are broken. I was tired of tossing and turning, so I settled on getting up. I opened my eyes to see Sumo laying on the floor next to my bed. I pat him on the head before making my way to the kitchen.

    " Hey kiddo, how are ya feelin'?" Uncle Hank asked with a warm smile.

     " Better, my ribs still hurt though." I slid into the chair next to Hank cautiously, being careful not to hit my side.

    " It'll take some time to heal. It's only been a few weeks." Hank said placing his hand over mine.

    " Thanks Uncle Hank, for everything." I smile at him. I felt guilty, I've caused alot of heartache for both him and Connor. But if it wasn't for both of them, I'd be dead weeks ago.

     The sound of Hank's cellphone  erupts from the living room, breaking me from my thoughts. Hank gives my hand a squeeze and gets up to answer it.

     I get up and pour myself a bowl of cereal. I grabbed the milk from the fridge and splashed it over the cereal. As I was closing the refrigerator, I managed to hit my side with the door. I winced in pain, grabbing the countertop to support myself. I cursed at myself internally for not being more careful.

    " (Y/N)!" Hank ran to my side, helping me to sit down. " Are you okay? What happened?"

     I nodded, waving him off. He sighed heavily before grabbing my bowl of cereal for me. He laid it on the table infront of me, sitting down next to me with a loud huff.

     " You know you can ask for help kiddo. I know you don't want to have to depends on us, but you're hurt." Hank said sternly.

     I sighed, " I know. I'll try."

    Hank didn't look convinced. " I got to head into the station. Connor should be back in 10 minutes. Will you be okay until he gets here?"

     " Haaaaaaank." I whine. " I'm not a baby. I'll be fine."

    " That's not the point (Y/N)!" Hank snaps. He sighs, softening his tone " You know why I'm worried."

     I give Hank a small smile. He has every right to be worried about me. I've gone through hell and back in the last few weeks. I've been kidnapped twice, once right out of this house. Of course he was worried.

     " I'm sorry Hank." I whisper.

     Hank gives me a hug, gentle enough not to hurt me. He ruffles my hair while grabbing his car keys off the table.

     " Don't unlock this door for anyone, you hear me? Connor has a key, so you won't have to let him in." Hank states with his hand firmly on the doorknob.

    " Okay. Be careful." I say with a small wave.

     " You too, kiddo."

      Hank closes the door, locking it behind him. I sigh to myself and eat my cereal. I can't help but mull over the past few weeks. I never in my life imagined I'd go through so much at once. I was in a horrible car accident, which I should have died in. I lost my dad, step mom and best friend all in one day. My ex came back into my life only to kidnap me and beat me all over again. Gavin decided to harrass me and ruin my date with Connor. Then I was kidnapped, again, by the drug lord of Detroit.

     If that wasn't bad enough, I learned things I never knew about my dad. He was involved in a money laundering scam because of Brent. His law firm had been bought out by Brent a few years ago. The first thing Brent did was threaten all the employees. If they didn't keep their mouths shut about what was going on behind the scenes, he'd kill them. Unfortunately one employee tried to go to the police, he was murdered the next day. Once my dad heard about it, he knew he had to get out. He had a plan, he knew it was dangerous and could potentially get him killed. But he had to try, for his family's safety. He would have succeeded too, if it weren't for the accident.