Raid

*Connor's POV*

        We geared up in preparation of the coming raid. Our attack force team was heavily armoured. We were going with every intention to arrest Brent Kalicov and his goons. But if it came to it, we were well prepared to fire. We had no idea how many people were at the address we were given. We didn't know if they had weapons or how many. Our only advantage is we knew who we were after and what he was capable of.

       " Everyone ready?" Hank bellowed out over the team.

      " YES SIR!" Everyone called in unison.

      " You all know your mission and what's at stake. NOW MOVE OUT!" Hank yelled before joined me.

    " Come on, let's go get (Y/N) back." He said motioning me to follow.

     My heart fluttered at the sound of her name. I hoped with every biocomponent inside me that she was okay. That she was alive. I bit my lip, shaking my head. She's alive, I know she is.

~*~

     A shipping container yard, just a few minutes from the docks is where we ended up. It looked mostly deserted. The gates were secured with a lock and chain. Our SWAT team made quick work of it with their bolt cutters. Inside some of the shipping containers were rotting through with rust. We made our way through the yard as quickly and quietly as we could. It tools a few minutes before a boarded up warehouse came into view.

     " That must be his hideout." Hank whispered. I nodded.

    Hank motioned for our team to spread out and surround the warehouse. He was taking every measure possible to make sure no one got out. Hank, 3 other police officers and I made our way to the east side of the warehouse. We waited for the rest of our team to radio us letting us know they were in position.

     After about 10 minutes, all exits were covered. Before Hank gives the signal to move in, he hesistates.

     " Is everything alright Lieutenant?" I ask, concerned.

     " We can't fuck anything up Connor. This has to go smoothly." He says trailing off.

     " I don't intend too. I've made it my mission to make sure she's returned safe and sound." I reassured him.

    Hank placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded. He wasn't good at verbal thank yous but he had his ways to express it all the same.

     Seemingly more confident, Hank gives the order for everyone to go. Quickly, but quietly we make our way inside. So far we haven't encountered anyone.

    " GET ON THE GROUND!"

    Our team on the south side of the warehouse seem to have found some of Kalicov's goons. We didn't have much time to react before we found some as well.

    Before we had a chance to react one of them pulls out a gun and aims it at Hank. Just as he pulls the trigger I tackle Hank to the floor, shielding him from the bullet. One of the officers with us immediately pulls his gun out and fires back.

     " Lieutenant? Are you alright?" I shouted over the gunshots. I helped him back to his feet and brushed off his jacket.

    " Thanks to you I am. Let's go!" He says pulling me forward with him.

    Within seconds it turned into an all out battle zone. Kalicov's goons were showing no mercy. One of our officers takes a bullet to the shoulder and drops behind a shipping container. I watch as he puts pressure on the wound. He nods to Hank letting him know he's okay.

     " THEY SHOW US NO MERCY, SHOOT TO KILL!" Hank yells.

     The men that were decked out in full armour began moving forward. One by one Kalicov's goons began to fall. Some men were apprehended without casualties. Others weren't so lucky. We began to spread out, sweeping through the warehouse in great depth. Brent had to be hiding here somewhere. (Y/N) has to be here, I won't stop until I find her. I need her..

      A blood curdling scream ripped through the air. My eyes snapped to a staircase leading to a makeshift second floor.

      " (Y/N)!!!" Hank screamed in horror.

     At the top of the staircase stood Brent Kalicov with (Y/N). He held her at gunpoint infront of him. His arm was secured firmly around her neck. Tears and blood were stained on her beautiful face. It hurt so much to see her like this. I wanted nothing more then to take all of this away. Take her somewhere safe and never leave her side again.

      " Well, well, well. If it isn't the famous Lieutenant Hank Anderson and his plastic doll." Brent grinned.

     " Let her go Brent, she has nothing to do with this!" Hank pleaded.

     " Oh, but that's where you're wrong Lieutenant. She has everything to do with this." He scoffed, pulling her head back and kissing her cheek.

    She tried to pull away from him, only to have him tighten his grip. I watched helplessly as he degraded the woman I've come to love.

     " Maybe I'd your piece of fucking shit brother hadn't stolen from me none of this would be happening." Brent snarled.

    (Y/N) turned her head away from us, tears welled up in her eyes. She'd found out the truth, he dad was working with Brent for years. He was helping him launder money at the law firm he worked at. When he tried to get out, Brent threatened his life. He sworn on his life he'd never tell anyone and he'd tie up all lose ends before he got out. Brent wasn't satisfied, he wanted David's daughter as compensation. David refused, he stole $5000 out of the safe he kept Brent's money in and fled town. Unfortunately, he never made it out if the city.

    " So what's it going to be Lieutenant? Are you going to let me walk out of here with your niece, alive. Or are you going to shoot me, hoping I won't shoot her first." Brent grinned, he'd backed Hank into a corner and he knew it.

     " Times running out Lieutenant."

     Hank began to lower his gun, before he had the chance to say anything all the lights went out. We scrambled trying to get to the staircase in the pitch black. The lights flickered back on only to reveal an empty staircase.

     " He can't have gone far. FIND HIM!" Hank ordered before running off towards he back.

      I ran after Hank, he shouldn't be going alone. What if something were to happen?

     I got to the back just as a gunshot went off..

____________________________________
Hello lovely readers!! I'm so sorry for the delay, I was on vacation from work and when I finally sat down to write this chapter it took a few days to get it just right. I hope you like it! I'm back now so updates will hopefully be more frequent. I'm thinking there will only be a few more chapters before I end it. So stay tuned! Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment and/or vote. I'd love to hear from you!