Chapter one: Noooooo

Mahnoor's POV

I slowly open my eyes and see a big head just smiling and starring at me. "Wake up Mahnoor!" I look at the clock that's right in front of me. "Mumma it's 5:15 am why are you waking me up so early!" I whine. "Don't you want to pray Fajr?! And I have some good news to tell you." Mumma says happily. Omg I have to pray Fajr.  I jump out of my blanket. "why are you so happy mum?" " You won't believe it! Beta your Bilal Mamu and his whole family are coming from London! Mumma says. "Cool" I reply. "Wait what?! No way! Mamu and his FAMILY! That means Mami, Ilma, and Asher are coming with him this time" Omg. "MAHNOOOOOOR!" My mom screams at me and I wake up from my thoughts. "Huh?" I say still thinking about this "good news" "What are you thinking, quickly go and pray Fajr then come downstairs to help me. I willl go and wake up Hiba until then." Mumma concluded, and left me with an open mouth.
The last time I met Mamu's family and Asher it was like 18 years ago when Ilma wasn't even born. I still remember playing in Nani's garden with Asher. His coloured light brown eyes, and brown hair were just really attractive and him being really good at studies just annoyed me. I wonder how he is now, is he the same Asher I know. I better go and do my ablution before mom comes with a chapal to hit me.

After praying Fajr and making my dua I go downstairs to have breakfast. On my way downstairs I see Hiba rubbing her eyes. "Good morning!" I mutter. "Morning" she replies annoyingly. "Someone isn't in a good mood today" I say and leave. What I see downstairs is my mom sweeping the floor. "It's ok Mumma I'll do it." I say to her and smile. "No, since I am sweeping the floor why don't you mop it later?" "Sure Mumma, but why are you cleaning the house with so much effort?" I ask. "Because,  I told you everyone is coming to our house this evening for dinner." She says casually. "No, you did not tell me, and who is this everyone?" "Omg Mahnoor, everyone is Bilal Mamu, Mami who are coming today from London,  Adnan Mamu Mami, and Khala." Mumma said. "Ohh, so are Mamu, Mami coming with their kids? I mean Ilma yah know, I haven't seen her." I ask Mumma again. "Of course they are coming with Ilma and Asher." Her last word eco's in my mind. "Oh okay, thanks Mumma." I say and go upstairs again. Omg no. Everyone is coming today ughh. First of all, I don't like Adnan Mamu's Family, because Nabeeha and Numair are too rich to talk to anyone and Mami is just so fake I can't handle it. Second of all, I am happy that Khala is coming because I can't wait to meet Hafsa (my best cousin/friend). Third of all I don't know what to wear! I walk over to my closet and open it. There are many things I can wear but I wanna wear something very decent but classy at the same time. I pick out a light purple and white shalwar kameez. The dupatta is the best part it's purple chiffon embroidered with white. With a white straight pajama. I take my outfit out and put it on my bed.
********
After breakfast I had to cook so many things. Mumma does cook but since she has taught me how to cook I help her. So for tonight's menu we have: Biryani (I made it), Nihari, Naan, Haleem (I made it), Kheer (I made it), and Samosas that my dad will bring when coming home from work. I made two dishes! Hiba did a taste check and assured me that everything tastes really good. "Mahnoor, Hiba, they are about to reach here get dressed quickly!" Mumma screams out of nowhere.