Chapter 15 - THE MEHENDI ??

Mahnoor's  POV
Half of the day went by really fast. Everyone quickly did breakfast and then went to their rooms. Of course, to get dressed. I open my closet and adore my dress.

 I open my closet and adore my dress

Yup, I love it! It's so beautiful. Around 6pm we are supposed to be ready. And it's 5 pm right now! So I better get started!

I put on my dress, and makeup. More then my usual. I leave  my hair open and curled. I put my teeka (head piece jewelry) on too! I realize that I have forgotten to crop the song I am dancing on. Because of course I am not gonna be dancing on the guy part of it! And I don't have anyone dancing with me so yeah. I open my iMovie app, "Mahnoor!" I hear mom calling me. "Coming!" I reply. I quickly put my phone in my purse and go downstairs.

In no  time we reach the hall. Hassan Bhai and Hafsa look so adorable! It's so cool, how all my boy cousins are wearing a green kurta. They all are twinning, even Numair and Asher.

The music is loud. Hurting my ears, but I still love it. And now that it's time to perform! Omg, I hope I don't forget any steps, lol. The first performance includes, Hassan Bhai, Hafsa, Numair, Nabeeha, Khadeeja and I.

Asher's POV
So crowded here, and it's so loud. Everyone starts to dance like crazy. Right now, Numair and Mahnoor are performing. It's, not that good. Like they don't go together. Now, that their performance is done, finally. Mahnoor goes up and starts to perform. On this song called "Ballaye Ballaye" Hafsa comes running to Khadeeja who sits a bit far from me. "Khadeeja, we have a problem, Mahnoor hasn't even cropped the song, and what is gonna do when the male sings. She didn't practice anything for that part!"

Mahnoor's POV
My performance is going very smooth right now. I have already done all the steps and now it's about to end. As I stop in my position and wait for the song to end, it doesn't. Instead there is more music. Shoot! I forgot to crop it. I had in my mind that I did already. I just move a bit on the music. Wow, I am going to make a fun out of myself. The music stops and the male part starts. I just stand stairght, not knowing what to do, now. I was all ready to get made fun of, but no one did that! Nobody looked at me anymore from the audience. Instead they were looking behind me. With a confused myself, I turn around and OH MY ALLAH! Asher?! He is dancing to the male part? What? How? What! I eyes widened, I turn back to the audience and see they all are surprised. I see Mami with her mouth open in shock. And Nabeeha who is telling Numair to pinch her. But instead, he looks furious. Asher looks so unbelievable! He walks towards me and.   The chorus comes which is, "Ballaye, Ballaye". And he starts doing the step with me. It's like this was planned. He danced. Why? For whom? What?! The performances ended, and the audience clapped so loudly. I look at Asher with, 'what was this' look and he smiles at me. .What is going on over here.

I quickly run over to the family. I could feel him following me. "Omg, pinch me Adnan, what was that? is that the truth?" Mami said. Oh no. "Wow bhai you danced, this a miracle god." Ilma said. "You guys are adorable." Hafsa exclaimed. When will she stop her couple making business? "I thought you didn't wanna dance Asher. You betrayed us." Numair said sternly. "Yeah, I said that, but Mahnoor needed help so I thought why not." He replied. Ok, I am embarrassed. Why did he wanna help me? Numair scoffs.

......

"I am so tired! Being the bride is not easy." Hafsa said. "Yeah, probably but I ain't interested anyways." I said smiling. "One day you will be." She grinned. I gave her an eye roll.

After praying Aisha I walked downstairs and found Mami and mom sitting on the sofa's. "Mahnoor can you please make tea for us." Mom said. "Sure." I said and walked over to the kitchen. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and find Asher. Oh man. "Hey" he said and looked at me. "Hi." I replied. He went over to the fridge and took out a water bottle. Ask him Mahnoor. Ask Mahnoor. Why did he do that. "Asher." He turned around. "Uh, umm goodnight." I said. I couldn't say it. Why not ugh. I quickly gave the tea and went to my room.

Asher's POV
What did she wanna say. Didn't look like she actually wanted to say goodnight. What if she asks me why I helped her. I'll just say I had no choice. No actually that sounds rude. I'll say, I was forced. No no noooooo. Come on Asher be a man. She is nice, and she is my friend so why not.

The whole night I couldn't stop but think about Mahnoor. They way she smiles, laughs, and talks. How I like being around her...

                                          ***
"Tonight is the Nikkahand the wedding. I want everyone ready at 8. Phupa announces.
"Hafsa, and I are going to the salon, so we'll be coming from there directly." Mahnoor told her dad. "What time do you have to go?" He asked. "Hafsa has to leave in 10 minutes, and I have to go an hour later." She answered. "Hmmm, ok Numair can you please drop Hafsa off, and on your way back please check with Hassan." Phupa said. "Sure." Numair  said.

"How will I go then?!" Mahnoor asked. I'll drop you, I thought. "Umm, Asher will drop you off." Phupa said. A bright smile flashed through my face. "Yeah, uh ok." I replied, while Numair walked out.