Just Breathe

My heart pumped harder and faster, causing my breathing to become faster. My hands and legs started to shake as they were full of nerves, my mind was racing.

"Hey, baby! How're you feeling?", Cole asks, bursting into my dressing room.

"Not too good", I pant, feeling a panic attack coming on. Cole rushes to my side and kneels in front of me. "I'm gonna mess up, I know it. It's a huge crowd out there and I don't think I can do it -", I panic.

"Hey, hey. You're going to be okay. I've seen you act and you're amazing. Not to mention your voice is incredible. Just focus on your character and remember to just keep breathing, okay?", Cole says softly, creasing my hand with his thumb gently. He wipes away a few fallen tears and fixes up my makeup.

"Since when did you know how to do makeup?"

"I may've picked up a few skills from my makeup artists", he explains, finishing up the final touches. I look over at the clock, that was placed on the wall, and stand up as it was nearly time to go out. I hug Cole tightly, to which he hugs me back. We break apart and he intertwines his fingers through mine, as we walk toward the wing backstage.

"Just keep breathing", he whispers, just before I walk on stage.