6

Ta'Leah Jackson

3 months later

"Bitch prom coming up in two weeks. You got a prom date yet?" Jania said as we walked around the  mall.

"Nah. I might not even go." I walked into Foot Locker and picked up a pair of Jordans.

"Why not? You had about ten niggas asked you out." She raised her eyebrows at me and sat on the bench.

"Ion know." I shrugged my shoulders and asked one of the employees to get me a size 7 and showed him both of the shoes that I was holding. After I brought my shoes we decided to get our hair done.

"I might dye my hair blonde or even pink." I smiled at Jania as we waited for our turn.

"I don't think pink would look good on you." She touched my hair that I had in a ponytail

"You right I should just get it blonde." I nodded my head. Soon the lady at front rushed me over to take a seat in front of one of those huge mirrors.

"So how you want ya' hair?" She ran her fingers through my scalp.

⬇️

Kentrell Gaulden

"Yeah imma ask Leah to be my date." Joe smirked as we all sat around the couch and played fornite.

"You talm' about Ta'Leah?" Boomer looked over at him.

"Yeah mane. Who else?" He rolled his eyes and pulled out a blunt.

"Nahh mane. You know thats Youngboy girl." Three said making everyone laugh. I looked at him and scrunched my face.

"You know Ion like dat' guh'." I shook my head. Ta'Leah pretty and all. But I only see her as a friend.

"You know y'all done got close these pass couple of months." Kd looked away from the TV and side eyed me.

"Nah that's just my luh' buddy or whateva'." I huff and took the controller out his hand.

"You should ask ha' out to the dance then." Boomer smirked at me then looked back at Baby Joe.

"Did you not just hear what I said earlier?" Baby Joe said after taking a hit from his blunt.

"You know she don't like ya broke ass. You remember what happened in 9th grade when you asked her out?" Kd exposed him making everyone laugh including me. If a girl already curved me once what makes you think imma ask ha' out again. This nigga stupid.

"Yb let's make a bet." Three put down the controller and looked at me.

"Ight what is it?" I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back into my seat.

"If you ask Leah to go to prom with you and she say yes, which I'm pretty sure she will, I'll give you 1500 cash." He smirked at me and rubbed his hands together like Birdman.

"And if he don't?" Kd smacked on a bag of chips.

"He gotta go out with Jania for two weeks." Three added. The room was silent until Boomer howled in laughter.